Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I don't want to hear "It looks like an EVO" mumbo jumbo cause I know what it looks like, but this is infact a Factory TRD wing I found while on one of my excursions in a junk yard. Its made of aluminum!!! its uber light. I've taken it to Signal Auto and they said they can retrofit it to work with my car, keeping the stock lip spoiler, and blending it into the endplates, without making it perminent. What do you guys think, I don't think anyone has done this, the closeset thing I have found to it, C-One motorsports makes one like it but its much shorter, and you can't keep the stock lip spoiler.

I guess its just my taste or what ever, but I've always liked this style of wing. Be it GTR, EVO, STI, AMG, etc, etc.

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/3629/dsc0059m.jpg[img]
[img]http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/3629/dsc0059m.jpg

Reactions: PROLIFIK1

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
mehhh I dunno....maybe if you finish off the rest of the kit? The rear just doesn't match up.

·
Registered
241 Posts
its not bad at all reminds me of that huge evo wing lol sry but... i have to agree with redline your about 50% there you just need the rest of it and plus the oem lip the two just do not go together.

·
Registered
14,584 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Arrgh the wing killed it. I <3 everything else!

Sorry that's not TRD, carbon replica of a EVO wing lol
This is in fact a TRD wing, its off a JZX100 Chaser

I've got access to a couple different bodykits, so far, I think I'm going with the TRD NEO front bumper with a carbon front splitter and TRD sideskirts. The rear I have a Altezza bumper, and TRD rear lip, I also have a Carbon rear diffuser, I'm still not sure what direction I want to take this project, but if I do take it this way, I will have the power to back up the looks. That also means I probably won't keep the vertex sides that you see on it now.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if you like it great. so you're gonna have the lip spoiler and wing going at the same time? I just never thought myself that the 'lexus' brand was ever intended for a sporty wing.
I guess the only response to this is, Lexus never intended for the IS300 to have 650HP either...

·
Registered
465 Posts
if im not mistaken isn't that a Mitsubishi Galant?

This is in fact a TRD wing, its off a JZX100 Chaser

I've got access to a couple different bodykits, so far, I think I'm going with the TRD NEO front bumper with a carbon front splitter and TRD sideskirts. The rear I have a Altezza bumper, and TRD rear lip, I also have a Carbon rear diffuser, I'm still not sure what direction I want to take this project, but if I do take it this way, I will have the power to back up the looks. That also means I probably won't keep the vertex sides that you see on it now.

·
Premium Member
27,022 Posts
Woah! IS300 STi??? lol

You should put the front and rear lips on to complete the look.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Just went out to confirm, no it does not hit the back window, its got about 3" of clearence.

I just noticed that was a galant too, it came up when I search JXZ100 in google, and after reading it, its got a chaser wing on it. I fixed the orginal photo, its a chaser, with the wing. I also have a TRD catalog with the wing in it, I might be able to get a scanned copy if anyone is really that heart set at proving me wrong.

I already have this front bumper

I'm 90% sure I'll be using it, unless for some reason I find to use the TOPSECRET front instead?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.