Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Redoing my system because i get a huge discount 50%-%70 off MSRP on (Parts, Install, Custom Labor & Warranty) and I like to either go BIG or not do anything at all. Keep in mind, i prefer quality > loudness. I use my trunk so 2 12"s is NOT an option and if i invest now, i can take these speakers to a new car in the future if necessary.

Deck: Pioneer AVIC-D3
Front: Alpine Type-R 6.5" SPR-17C
Rear: Alpine Type-R 6x9" SPR-69C
Speaker Amp: Alpine F300
Subwoofer: Alpine Type-R 12" SWR-1242D
Subwoofer Amp: Alpine M500
Wires: Shitload of Wires, RCA's, Distributor Block, Speaker Wire, Grounding Wire, Sub Wire, (All by Stinger)

Deck: Pioneer AVIC-D3 (INSTALLED)

Front: Alpine Type-R 6.5" SPR-17C

Rear: Alpine Type-R 6x9" SPR-69C

Speaker Amp: Alpine F300

Subwoofer: Alpine Type-R 12" SWR-1242D

(NOT PURCHASED YET)

Subwoofer Amp: Alpine M500

(NOT PURCHASED YET)

Wiring Kit: Stinger 1500W 4-Guage

RCA's + Distributor Block: Stinger

Going to sound amazing when its all done. Speakers are going in tommorow. Then in another 2 week, after im back from my vacation. Getting the Sub, Amp for the sub and a custom box for it (since our trunk is tricky to put a box in)

Ill Keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why didnt you do type R components?
also youll need a nice size spacer for those front speakers there pretty deep.
and one for the 6x9's
The Type-R components with crossovers are still pretty expensive. I'm still on a budget and trying to stay as close to $1000 as possible. As for the speakers, the spacers should be no problem. I got some already in the shop. Thanks for the input about the spacers tho.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Don't you just love getting new toys! I know I do! :)

The headunit and all your other gadgets look amazing, but most importantly I want to know how it sounds!

Keep us updated.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The dash kit im using is the one from "Best Kits". Its prob one of the cleanest installs ive seen for a double din. Its actually recessed into the dash and looks like a factory install.

I didn't go for other brands cause i don't get discount from them. Mostly stuff like Alpine, MTX, Pioneer, Energy, Infinity and so forth.

Yeah i know the components are better but that's going to be an extra $100 which i'm not prepared to spend atm. Speakers are going in today and ill let you know how they sound.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
ehhh I need a d3 for half off, could you "hook it up"??..lol.

·
Registered
255 Posts
looks good my friend, seems like you got the best you could for your money....but you forgot your dynamat...50$ for dynamat extreme door kit from amazon...i suggest you get some...its more than enough for both portions of the door "inner and outer"

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
looks good my friend, seems like you got the best you could for your money....but you forgot your dynamat...50$ for dynamat extreme door kit from amazon...i suggest you get some...its more than enough for both portions of the door "inner and outer"
I did some dynamat. Cost me $2 for both doors, and back didn't need it LOL.

Alright, so i gotta say that it sounds absolutely amazing. I am soo happy i went with the type R's. Its honestly breathtaking how loud the car is now. Can't wait for the subs next week now.

Now im just going to do a bit of tuning and then im going to get the sub and mono amp in soon. I'm prob looking at a custom box for my sub as well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I checked out their website (bestkits) and want that ddin dash kit. How can I get that?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah. Everything was by passed.

Currently here is what i have

Front - Alpine Type-R 6.5"
Rear - Alpine Type-R 6x9'
Sub - Alpine Type-R 12" (Dual 4 Ohm)
Speaker Amp - Alpine F300
Sub Amp - Alpine M500
Deck - Pioneer Avic D-3

everything is played through an ipod. Im currently thinking upgrading to the Alpine Type-R Components with the tweeters.

I gotta say, i absolutely love the sound. Quality is amazing. Ill post some pictures of it soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.