Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked it up last saturday at Rally Lexus, Glen Cove, NY. 2008 IS 250 AWD w Premium Package (heated/ventilated seats, wood trim, mats, net and wheel locks)and HID w AFS. It is Matador Red Mica with Cashmere interior. Total price $35,000. Leased with 15k miles/year $399/mo and around $4000 due at signing. I think it was a decent deal, about $1000 off invoice. I highly recommend the dealer, they give great service.

Here are some pics

Few thoughts after driving it for about 300 miles since I got it (went to Atlantic City for the weekend.. hehe)

Acceleration is decent enough, at least IMO. Im coming from a 2002 Mitsu Diamante w 3.5 V6 210hp 230tq and it definitely feels faster and handles much better. The engine has a good bottom end torque and the power curve seems to be pretty even towards red line. Its not neck snapping power, but the power is definitely adequate with good MPG.

Comfort and quality is top notch. You pretty much cant hear anything outside, the ride is smooth (does get jittery sometimes) and the interior materials are excellent. Im a pretty short guy 5'2" and my girlfriend is around my height so the size is perfect for us. I imagined the backseat to be tinier, but since we arent tall and we dont have to put the seats back all the way, the rear seats have decent room :)

Overall, best car I have ever driven. I enjoy every second of driving it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Very Nice... not a big fan of RED but very very nice... CONGRATS

·
Registered
62 Posts
Overall, best car I have ever driven. I enjoy every second of driving it.
Dude, you've got my car! ...except for a couple of options. I saw another red 2IS for the first time 2 days ago, but I turned in front of it and did not see if it was a 350/250/AWD. Not alot of IS's around here. As satisfying as it is being inside and driving around in the car, seeing the lines of the car as I walk up is even better. :)

Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Dude, you've got my car! ...except for a couple of options. I saw another red 2IS for the first time 2 days ago, but I turned in front of it and did not see if it was a 350/250/AWD. Not alot of IS's around here. As satisfying as it is being inside and driving around in the car, seeing the lines of the car as I walk up is even better. :)

Welcome to the board.
lol i agree, its awesome to be inside but its just satisfying when u see another one on the road, cant help but flash the thumbs up and get a smile back :)
haha congrats on the car, very classy

oh btw, my guage lights dont look that bright, is it just the picture or do they actually look like that?

·
Registered
276 Posts
oh btw, my guage lights dont look that bright, is it just the picture or do they actually look like that?
There's a knob adjuster to the left of the steering wheel. Turn it all the way to the right at night until it clicks--your dash will be that bright.

·
Registered
575 Posts
i knew that was there and i always play with it but even at the max they look nowhere NEAR that bright, i dont rly care cause theyre fine to me i just found it weird how much they stand out in the picture lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats on your new car. I just joined the club a few days ago myself. My pics are in the general discussion forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
would you still buy

i am thinking of trading in acura tsx for is 250 awd put am worried about lack of hp. are you satisfied with acceleration, would you buy again. my wife has the 2008 es 350 with 272 hp and that is awesome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does your premium package include power telescoping steering wheel/memory seats/rear sunshade/HID Lights/Scuffplates ...or...did you get the HID lights as an independent upgrade?

I just bought the exact same 2008 IS250awd with the lux. package that has the telescoping steering wheel. I bought it used for $25900+Tax. It has 18000Miles on it. Was this a good deal?

Mine is also Matador Red + Cashmere Int. I didnt have choice of colour, but now that i see your pics, I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Does your premium package include power telescoping steering wheel/memory seats/rear sunshade/HID Lights/Scuffplates ...or...did you get the HID lights as an independent upgrade?

I just bought the exact same 2008 IS250awd with the lux. package that has the telescoping steering wheel. I bought it used for $25900+Tax. It has 18000Miles on it. Was this a good deal?

Mine is also Matador Red + Cashmere Int. I didnt have choice of colour, but now that i see your pics, I'm happy with it.
You need the Lux Pkg for those features, not the Premium Pkg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts