Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well after a little bit of time my motor mounts weren't taking the abuse of the almighty power of a boosted 2jz. after talking to Ross Baird with Dynosaur Performance this was the fix we came up with, and he can sell you all this bracket and shock as well. im sure most of you guys with high power is300's have this same problem a motor that torqe's to the side quite hard under a load, i was sick of this. after this install of a simple bracket and shock my motor now doesnt move at all and you dont have the horrible ride confort of solid motor mounts. want to thank the team at Dynosaur Performance once again!!!

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
looks good...how much did that cost you? weapon-r cost about 140. but this looks better...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
300 bucs, little pricey but cost me more for the polishing though. its a quality piece though. $300 vs custom solid motor mounts is cheaper as well. if your a good welder (i cant weld) you could easily do it yourself and it is a great fix to the notorious problem of no after-market mounts made for our car's.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
which and where did you source the damper? ive been using a solid turnbuckle type and it sucks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
which and where did you source the damper? ive been using a solid turnbuckle type and it sucks.
ill ask ross tomorrow.

ya i am trying to find a strut bar that will clear everything fpr ect. Cause after the eibach pro springs/bilstein shocks and eibach sways that were all installed at same time. i have a little more oversteer then i would like to have and i am thinking a strut bar will help solve this. input is welcome. i may just have to go custom.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got off the phone with ross. damper is sourced from summit racing. he can replicate the mount no problem give him buzz if need be.

Dynosaur Performance
Authorized Dyno Center for Powerhouse Racing
4551 Bailey-Boswell Road
Fort Worth, TX 76179
Phone: (817) 614-3740

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
How did the stock mounts fail and which side failed?

·
Premium Member
5,336 Posts
ill ask ross tomorrow.

ya i am trying to find a strut bar that will clear everything fpr ect. Cause after the eibach pro springs/bilstein shocks and eibach sways that were all installed at same time. i have a little more oversteer then i would like to have and i am thinking a strut bar will help solve this. input is welcome. i may just have to go custom.
A strut bar will do nothing for your oversteer "problem." A smaller rear swaywill alleviate the oversteer "problem."

I put problem in quotes because if you are a track driver, slight oversteer bias is ideal, at least for me. I cannot stand cars that understeer.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How did the stock mounts fail and which side failed?
well they technically didn't fail. they just didn't hold the motor in place like i would like. if they were urethane it would not be that big of a problem. but with the damper i have no engine movement and still have a comfortable ride. i had solid mounts in my mustang and i hated it. this is great for the street and true daily driving.

thanks inspar for the input. i just remember reading a post where a fellow is300 owner had a similar suspension setup and he said after the install of a strut bar it went down. its not that bad at all... definitely more oversteer then before though probably will just live with it. i like to drive in a straight line and fast. not much of a drifter/indy like driver.... my sway bar rear setting is on the middle eibach setting... maybe ill play with that a little bit.

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
Cool.

I did the same thing but lower on the block and braced up against the subframe.

·
Premium Member
5,336 Posts
thanks inspar for the input. i just remember reading a post where a fellow is300 owner had a similar suspension setup and he said after the install of a strut bar it went down. its not that bad at all... definitely more oversteer then before though probably will just live with it. i like to drive in a straight line and fast. not much of a drifter/indy like driver.... my sway bar rear setting is on the middle eibach setting... maybe ill play with that a little bit.
If you move the rear sway to the outer setting, your car should be much more neutral.

·
Premium Member
14,412 Posts
If there is interest here I can do it and alot less than a 300$ price tag, although I would take the time to consult the proper people and make sure we put out a product that will do what it's intended to do. IE money well spent.

D

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Not sure how well this would work on guys with the GE turbocharged motors. Because our intake manifold goes over the top of the engine, then the intercooler plumbing goes along the top of the turbo and intake.

The space between the intercooler tubing and the shock tower as well as the turbo is so close I put some padding on the underside, just in case of movement.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.