Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Tom,

That yellow is not the yellow I saw at Monterey. My pic is it. It's definitely not pale yellow like these . Just thought people should know. It's loud!

Mike

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the yellow is loud.

No the windows were not tinted.

My pictures were taken on a different day, under different lighting conditions, using different equipment so I am not surprised that the colors look different.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I like the loud yellow, the only problem is that I feel it will attract too much bad attention (meaning punks saying lets scratch this nice car). I could just imagine parking the car at a club and coming out with a bunch of key marks! It's too bad that we live in a society where people get jealous and do dumb things!

·
Registered
171 Posts
TEG, I noticed that the battery is located at the back of the engine bay. Since the battery is already behind the front wheel, do you think moving the battery to the trunk will make that much of a difference?

[From TEG:
They were doing a good thing by putting the battery against the firewall on the Altezza and IS200, but the IS300 engine is so much heavier that the car could use even more measures to move weight onto the rear wheels. Every little bit of movement of weight (backwards) will help. Imagine a "see-saw": a little child further out on one end counteracts a big child closer to the center of balance. ]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited June 05, 2000).]

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
The picture of the sticker is the exact configuration I want to get (with the exception of the color)!

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited June 06, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah it seemed like some of the cars (maybe all?) had a DMV registration notice on the window. I think that one of the ones that I looked at said that it was sold to Lexus HQ in Torrance. I also think I heard (but I could be wrong) that the PR agency bought 3 of them (but with money that came straight from Lexus anyways).

I really have no idea where these cars will ultimately end up.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Interesting, in the bottem right corner of the sticker, it shows the IS going to Fremont. I wonder if it will show up there after its done at monterey.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They told me that the car had been "diverted" from Fremont and was no longer going there...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts