Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi everyone, how y'all doing. Well i happen to love lexus, and gbam I ran to get me one. However after 3 bad months of passing through pot holes, my ball joint finally welcomed me to my area and zoom, my passengers tyre came off. i fixed that and everything was good. Sadly last December, on the 22nd I did not know the demon that got into my head and I went and did what,

I went to high the pedal at traffic while my rpm got to abt 6 and then, it stalled for some secs and moved, tho that was not the first time I had revved the car rpm at either Park or in traffic. Suddenly on my way back home after about 5 hrs, I suddenly started hearing one knocking sound at engine. I was too tired ,hungry and angry so I drove it like that for like 3 days, thinking that the noise will stop, as if that was not enough, the noise now tripled and my car became a dj . I took it to one of my guys mechanic, he pieced the vvti top cylinder, crankshaft, connecting rod and 2 valves with the metal got damaged. Okay fine, then I bought replacement parts and gbam ,my engine came back to its normal sound. He took off the thermostat to the engine and said its useless because Nigeria is super hot. No problem, however I noticed some errors,

Number 1. The wires connecting the throttle body, I can now see the pin and all, so he tried placing them inside the sockets. I test drove it, the rpm does not exceed 3,once it wants go get to 4,it will drop back to 2,meaning I can't exceed 60kph ,when I'm not mad.

Number 2. I also noticed that there is a black pipe with like a green cover and some sort of oval plastic design on top.. I did not see it there again, rather what I saw was a black tape, meaning the useless mechanic used iron hand and broke it.

Number 3. The rpm is now high, normally when I on it, it usually on 1rpm or just a little after 1rpm. Now when I start the Lexus it's sounds high, the rom now goes to two needles after 1 rpm, sometime it fluctuates. Forcing me to use my ac to step it down to 1rpm. If I place the car on reverse, it stalls, if I am on slow drive, the gear would be acting like I put it on reverse and then it will go down low for like a sec then pick before it moves.

When I used my obd scanner, it says electronic circuit malfunction ,the error code was p1126.
He called a rewire man, that one came and said the throttle body has fault, that I should buy new one, or tokunbo (foreign fairly used parts). Because my friend mechanic took out my engines three times, before solving the whole con rod damage, valve, metals, but after coupling the top cylinder and all, the throttle body on top of cylinder head close to the air pipe wires, I don't know if he plug them in wrongly or something. Also my passenger side speaker suddenly stopped working. Took it to car electrician, we opened the car door cover and everything was still intact, no cut wires, nothing, only small tear at the sides probably due to me constantly blasting my speakers. Without carrying out any test, he said that the speaker has spoilt and condemn and that I should buy a new one. What nonsense. Since this my friend quack mechanic handled my car, everything has started malfunctioning. What could be the cause. I hear air at top of engine. I am just fed up, I want to sell the car quickly and get another one because i love the car. But now my rpm does lt exceed 3rpm,my passengers speaker don't sound, I I hearing air at top of engine, when I reverse, the car stalls, i have to reverse with some lil power to the pedal before it moves. Pls is it because of the error code am getting that the car is now misbehaving. Or should I just buy another throttle body and dumb the one that has been tampered with. Because I am fed up. I have spent close to 400 dollars and I I not to spend any more, rather I want to fix the lil errors and quickly sell it to another person who need it. Help me, my main mechanic warned me not to take the car to anywhere, but I did not listen because his charges and repairs will cost me almost 900 dollars and I could not afford it. I will show a pics of what I I talking about in the engine.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Office equipment Bumper Automotive exterior

pls what is that pipe called, the one opposite the green cover, that has like a cone shape or box shape, I did not see it again at my engine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited by Moderator)
I fact it is God that will punish that mechanic. I just did a closer look, I saw two loose connectors beneath the vvti and one close to the oi filter. Scanner brought 6 codes, circuit wire,02 bank 1 sensor 2, pedal position error or something, I checked and saw the wire of the 02 sensor has bent from the rubber . I saw accelerator pedal position malfunction, throttle malfunction, air flow meter, air temperature something. In fact am sad and I have called my main mechanic that I am coming to his shop tomorrow. I know he will be angry with me, but it has happened ,it has happened. And answer to your question. It is the blue arrow. I did not see it again after the mechanic has mess up my wires and my car is now high on sound. I'm tired ,frustrated, angry, confused, restless and the devil doesn't like me. Someone should help me before I run mad
Gas Automotive fuel system Auto part Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior
Automotive design Font Eyewear Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Bumper
Hand Arm Automotive tire Gesture Finger
View attachment 139871

·
Registered
2002 is300
91 Posts
1) From what I understand it sounds like your mechanic tried to fix your throttle motor connector and failed so now the electric throttle motor is not working.
2) Sounds like the ac low pressure port cover is missing.
3) Sounds like your having issues with the car idling too high or low. this is connected to your throttle motor not working. Seems like the connector is bad. Try and fix that see if that can fix some of your problems.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
2,119 Posts
Yes. There seems to be quite a number of electrical things wrong. Either the wiring is wrong or broken or simply not connected for whatever reason.

What did you have the mechanic do? Why was the car there in the first place? Sorry I tried to read all the first post but it hurt. I know there is some type of language barrier though. It was definitely rough.

·
Registered
2002 is300
91 Posts
Yes. There seems to be quite a number of electrical things wrong. Either the wiring is wrong or broken or simply not connected for whatever reason.

What did you have the mechanic do? Why was the car there in the first place? Sorry I tried to read all the first post but it hurt. I know there is some type of language barrier though. It was definitely rough.
Sounds like it bent a rod and had some valve piston contact that he had fixed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I'm so sorry for the errors bros(bro). its the spell check on my shitty a21s.

I got to my mechanic about 3hrs ago, well we did a scan and all the scanner brought had to do wire electricals. seems my harness wires been fried, and the stupid mechanic pressed spoil. he advised me to take it to rewire (auto electrician so they can get the harness wires and everything will be back to normal. Came here, I drove to the a/c man, i noticed steam coming from the pipes. he corrected it, joined some wires here and there with a manual thermostat, tapping current from my a/c fuse via black wire. suddenly the ice block i was seeing on the pipes near the gear stick suddenly vanished and started dripping small water. well the only ish now is the rpm is to high on cold start

almost close to 2000rpm, I have to turn on the a/c to step down rpm to at least 1.3/1.5rpm. mechanic said, its a small thing to fix, that i should find a rewire that knows his onions. so latest by Monday, I will visit a new rewire and check his work, if he can handle the accelerator circuit malfunction ish i keep getting on my obd. my rpm does not exceed 3000rpm but my speed get to at least 100kph which should be between 4000 and 5000rpm. Lexus tried, in fact I never expected that my engine could be rebuilt, the only ish is accelerator electronic error codes.

concerning my passenger speaker, i remembered that two random rewires came to check the Lexus, and were disconnecting the fuse at the fuse box close to the battery side.one after the other, doing guess work. so probably one of the fuse has malfunctioned. now my cruise control with passenger speaker not working. well let me first tidy(take care of the rpm) wohala(problem) first before i battle the cruise control with passenger speaker problem.

so far i drove for like 2hrs today and i bought about 13litres of fuel and its abnormal. the fuel tank pin refused to shift from E, yellow light (low fuel, no fuel indicator pin at dashboard console. embarrassing me on the way, talling cos no fuel in gas tank. i had to take a walk of 5 mins to a gas station to fill up my plastic storage with at least 7litres,before my Lexus finally started.

i have to sell it fast, if not i will go broke. time to get me a 2005 Lexus IS 300 sport with navigation, DVD, catalyst , thermostat in engine ,with factory master key remote and ac all in factory assembled. i will miss the Lexus IS 300, but since i have been driving it, so many people always turn their neck and look at the car and smile. maybe it's because it's pure white, first body, with lil dents and fender ball joint problem. but i have made up my mind to go for 2005 model, either silver or army green full options (DVD, nav, remote, reverse camera etc). Lexus IS 300 from 2000 to 2005 model is a rugged car, and can take any form of abuse belt electrical mechanical, etc) unlike the new model IS 300 and 250 from 2006 to 2021 model. straight six 6 plugs engine, is the future.

pics of when i got it from copart and when i drove it in Nigeria. Lexus IS 300 old model, the best car after sliced bread was invented. God bless Lexus.

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

The mechanic took out the engine,remove parts from the engine that got damaged such as crankshaft,2 damaged valves,connecting rod and metals. I watched several YouTube videos,and I think I will just get a new throttle body cause I recollected when I heard those knocking sounds,my rpm did not exceed 3000. And I couldn't accelerate more when I had that knocking sound cause I was scared. Would buy a tokunbor(foreign used lexus GS 02 model body) cause lexus GS and IS till 03 model or so share identical parts. Concerning my ac,I took it back to the rewire who worked on it last,and he took up the socket and did direct connection,after 2 days,I couldn't bear the cold any longer,so I popped u the hood and saw white cold steam on the ac pipes. Without wasting time ,I raced straight to the rewire man nd complained bitterly that it's now consuming fuel like mad,and its to cold so he got me a thermostat which he joined from the fuse area and placed underneath my glove box with a black tape. Now my only ish is the throttle body has packed up. So far I have changed parts such as alternator cut out,ac compressor,radiator, ball joints,engine rebuild and now its throttle body. I can't wait to buy a used throttle body,take it for steam wash,wash the engine and car to make it look like brand new. Drive it back home,park it and wait for buyer. I will buy lexus IS 300 05 model later, but for now I am going back to toyot corrolla 2011 model,sport edition 4 plugs. Lexus fumbled on this one.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Tire Wheel Organism Vehicle Adaptation

Lexus fumbled on this one.
They didn't fumble...you ignored the sound and kept going and then brought to a mechanic that didn't know what he's doing and messed it up some more. I don't know what kind of condition the car was in the first place but from reading what I could read before I had the stroke like Godzilla, sounds like it's a user issue, not Lexus.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Well,my 2mechanic also broke the rest body actuator which is grey. I have made up my mind to play gambles,now I'm thinking abt replacing the sensor,I saw it on aliexpress oem,so I'd place an order,then I also saw the harness connectors on ebay for 50$. So I'd buy them and rewire myself,and take it out for a spin. Once my rpm exceeds 3000,then problem has been solved. But for now,my car shakes at less than 1 rpm,it consumes a lot of fuel, I using straight six,but the car is consuming fuel like v8. My friend said i should get an 02 spacer to fool the ecu and gbam,i would revert back to factory mpg. The car is a nice rugged car and can take any abuse,I got it I fair condition with some few error codes ,but knocking sound and all was all due to my carelessness and stepping on gas pedal in traffic till the rpm got to 6000 and car stalled in traffic.

That was now the beginning of my problem, I blame myself everyday for going to a quack mechanic who knows nothing about electrical,rather than solve my problem,he added to my problem . I will give a feedback,once I have received my orders and rewired them myself. Let's see if this my lexus will go back to factory mode or not. And scotty kilmer on YouTube,never replied me since 3 weeks now when the problem just newly started last year december

·
5,037 Posts
If your connectors and wiring is good. Your throttle body APP sensor is bad and The stepper motor.
Also it is a fair bet that your VVTi gear or solenoid is bad. If the connector and wiring is good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well,the three plugs are damaged. I mean the actuators close by side of air pipes, with the last one close to the throttle pin near the dashboard. There was nothing wrong with them before now,it's just the quack mechanic and his useless apprentice boys that damaged them,the moment I left his shop for home. I have already places order on a used throttle body with actuators already installed. So till then I will be driving the car like that,the only ish is it can't climb a small hill at low speed. I have to floor the pedal before it picks. So embarrassing, I feel so embarrassed at times.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts