Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, many of you know my g/f totalled my IS300. So, I bought a new toy...MINI Cooper S. I have had it about 3 weeks now and have heavily modded it. Smaller supercharger pully, header,exhaust,suspension,intake,CryO2 sprayer system, H2O spray etc.
Anyway, it HAULS @SS now!
I took both a 2003 WRX and a 2003 EVO off the line to about 80ish. This is no BS, I have an entire car club as witnesses.

I know, it has nothing to do with an IS300, but I'm willing to make it! Don't get me wrong, I loved and really miss my IS. If anyone is looking for a second fun car, give this a try. Many possibilities.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, off the line. We had to back down because of traffic ahead. I was as astonished as you. They were completely awe-struck. And I'm still running all season run-flats! I'm going to the dyno and track wednesday, I'll post my numbers...

·
Registered
114 Posts
IDk216I said:
FIRESTARTER said:
You take those AWD off the line??? hmmmmmmmmm :crazy:
Bisch -
You dont have a turbo and your run a 12.48 1/4 Mile? how?
GS - Front Wheel Drive w/ no turbo
GST - Front wheel drive w/ turbo
AWD (i wish) All Wheel Drive w/ turbo

·
Registered
114 Posts
Bisch said:
Yes, off the line. We had to back down because of traffic ahead. I was as astonished as you. They were completely awe-struck. And I'm still running all season run-flats! I'm going to the dyno and track wednesday, I'll post my numbers...
Nice mods, you probably running around low 13 to high 12 sec. in 1/4 mile. I almost buy the Cooper S but the trunk is too small for a baby's stroller.

G

·
0 Posts
Bisch said:
Okay, many of you know my g/f totalled my IS300. So, I bought a new toy...MINI Cooper S. I have had it about 3 weeks now and have heavily modded it. Smaller supercharger pully, header,exhaust,suspension,intake,CryO2 sprayer system, H2O spray etc.
I took both a 2003 WRX and a 2003 EVO off the line to about 80ish. This is no BS, I have an entire car club as witnesses.

I know, it has nothing to do with an IS300, but I'm willing to make it! Don't get me wrong, I loved and really miss my IS. If anyone is looking for a second fun car, give this a try. Many possibilities.
you spray water into your engine? :eek:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Bisch said:

Nice car bisch, are you planning on getting the Works package soon? One of my friends will probably get the upgrade done, I can post up how it goes if you want.

·
Registered
114 Posts
mk said:
Bisch said:

you spray water into your engine? :eek:

Check this site :chill:
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/

·
Registered
25 Posts
question: why did you get a smaller supercharger pulley? I thought to gain more boost it would be better to have an increased diameter for the pulley.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, I don't have a turbo...it is supercharged (Eaton). The smaller diameter pulley spins the supercharger faster, thus more air. The CryO2 system super freezes the air charge.

The small trunk space is a b!tch. I have two babies.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice car bisch, are you planning on getting the Works package soon? One of my friends will probably get the upgrade done, I can post up how it goes if you want.[/quote]

The Works package is way over priced for what you get. I have done the same mods basically, for a lot less. Plus I have more power.

You can see some pics at minicooperonline.com, performance mods, "pffft, pfft cryo2" post.

·
Registered
712 Posts
The Mini Cooper is a little quick, but nooooot faster than the Evo at ANY speed. Those mods you mention wont get you past the 200rwhp mark. The WRX will be also faster from the launch but not from a roll. Im not saying you didnt beat the cars you mentioned, you just beat the TERRIBLE drivers they had.

Firestarter: No, the mini will not run low 13's high 12's with those mods. :roll: I dont think a 13.99 is possible.

I love the car for its handling and looks, but its not a fast car. The 1.8T VW and Audis are more mod friendly then those cars, and they DONT beat Evos and WRX that easy.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
cariza said:
The Mini Cooper is a little quick, but nooooot faster than the Evo at ANY speed. Those mods you mention wont get you past the 200rwhp mark. The WRX will be also faster from the launch but not from a roll. Im not saying you didnt beat the cars you mentioned, you just beat the TERRIBLE drivers they had.

Firestarter: No, the mini will not run low 13's high 12's with those mods. :roll: I dont think a 13.99 is possible.

I love the car for its handling and looks, but its not a fast car. The 1.8T VW and Audis are more mod friendly then those cars, and they DONT beat Evos and WRX that easy.
And it is still a Mini Cooper

·
Registered
103 Posts
cariza said:

good post, and i agree, no way in hell is a Cooper S running a low 13-high 12 with just those mods, it would be lucky to break out of the 14s, very lucky.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I like the mini cooper type s myself. once i was browsing through supercars,net, and I say this mini, it had a 3.0 BMW engine on it. :eek: :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts