Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I'm gonna pay 35+k I'm going to get what I want from it... And an Automatic is not what I want, so I'm opting to wait for the 2002 model coming this summer, I'm gonna buy a little beater car to hold me over till then(I'm really looking for an '89 civic type S but those might be rather expensive since evreyone wants one so bad now-a-days.)

Many MANY cars are coming in with redesigns and also no cars altogether in 2003, but I don't feel like waiting that long... Anyhow, I'm opting to wait to get the 2002... Cause I want a 5speed badly

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
you are right! Don't be like me and get something you really want. I actually like the is300, but I just hate the gold trims on my car.. I think maybe I should change my username to Goldtrimboy since that's all I complain about on this board

·
Registered
141 Posts
F.Y.I. Omni, the 2002 model isn't coming out until Fall of 2001. They released the IS early this year. I'm a long-time stick driver myself and was hesitating, but I'm loving my 2001 IS. No regrets at all . The E-Shift is kinda fun ...

·
15,322 Posts
MKIV Supras (the last ones the made), including the 94 will run you 17k and up...not really good if its just a temp car.
an 88 on the other hand, can be had in decent condition for 5-8k

·
Registered
92 Posts
the 88s are MK3 supras, and for about $1K you can the the MK2 supras, if you can find one out there, my dad ended giving his away because it was causing too many problems

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
I S three
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing