Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year will be my fith year in a row attending the supra nationals. Last year it was the 700hp mr2 the year before that I was running 9's in black hardtop supra. This year I'm attemping something new. I plan to be the first with an LSX powered IS300. I've been daily driving this lexus for the last year and honestly its a fun car in 100% stock form. You can drift around turns with ease or beat the local honda turd in a drag race. But when it comes to having balls it has NONE.

I plan to change that and do it in less than 30 Calender days. Wish me luck!

Old motor is out.....now I need somewhere to put it.

Engine Fits but needs a GTO oil pan and some cutting

Fits pretty damn good :)

Found some time this weekend to weld the oil pan. Inside and out

Fabbed up some mounts today. Now I still need to do the trans mount.

The Mr2 looking sad waiting to be picked up.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today I made some brackets for the abs unit I relocated and found a spot to hide teh ecu. I also dove into the wiring a little. It looks bad but it should be easy and just really time consuming. I plan to spend 3-4 days on wiring alone. Good news is it looks like the stock radiator will work and the fans run on their own circuit.

Its a ton of wires on the wrong side of the engine bay. (the stock ecu was here)

Lucky me...I had some fitting left over from the ls1 rx7 that will work. russel makes these 16mm fittings for a camaro.

I plan to make a nice cover to hide all this stuff :)

Pray for me....headers will be a fun 30+ hours of fab. BTW those are the stock IS mounts

With less than 1 inch to spare

·
Registered
465 Posts
subscribed this should be intesresting

·
Registered
102 Posts
WOW !!!! awesome !
Nice work !

Hey what is model car have this engine LS1 or LSX?*
* sorry, because I confused, than you put title LS1 and you write, "I plan to be the first with an LSX powered IS300", ??

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Sweet. Everything looks good. I was looking into DGR fab but thee IS plans were postponed last time I spoke to him. In for more pics and info.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lsx means any ls based motor like the ls2, ls3, ls6, ls7. I do plan to keep updating the thread with videos. My deadline for the meet is march 19th so I'm sure vids will pop up soon.

The DGR mounts are CNC machined and use the corvette pancake mounts. They also cost in upwards of $500. I fabricated my mounts before I knew about DRG and honestly I would have anyway since I already have a tig welder and I used material I had sitting around. So its like they were free ;).

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
wow i am super impressed, and i think the LS1 IS300 takes the cake compared to working on a LS1 Camaro. All I can say I would not want to install and or fab up headers, props to you and your build and I know I do not have tha guts for something like this.

Sick ride man!

·
Premium Member
11,575 Posts
About time :approve: E36 guys have been doing it for a bit, I might follow you one day. Keep us posted

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
Matt good to see you have migrated into the IS300 community, always followed your work and fabrication over on SF. Welcome on board and good luck with the project.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im hovering over this build. Its about time i want video and everything after all is said and done. I know its been done before yet it needs to be something more common then the average GTE etc..

1 - 20 of 287 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.