Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to the dealership this morning and they said that it's going to cost $3,000 including labor to retro-fit the Torsen LSD on my car and they're only willing to pay half. Cheap bastards!

I'm not paying $1,500 to have a $400 option put on my car. I told them previously that I was only willing to pay $400 and that's it so I don't know why they even called to give me that lame offer.

They've really pissed me off. I'm never buying another car there and I'm sending crappy surveys back about them. A-holes.

------------------
2001 IS300
Graphite Gray Pearl
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
that really sucks.....

i know next time where im not going......

sorry to hear it, maybe you should try legal action or somthing...

Good Luck!!

------------------
Later

Mike

BLACK ONYX 01, Fully loaded, Graphite Polished Rims, Factory Spoiler, 20% Tint, SRT Hi-Flow Intake, HKS Hiper Exhaust

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
I would most definately at least call a lawyer.

If you have any lawyer friends, just have them call the dealership. Maybe that'll scare them enough to make them put it in.

You are not at fault in anyway. They sold you a 30K+ car without the options that you had asked for, and they agreed to sell you.

Their word is as good as contract, although harder to prove in court. But what it seems is that they admit to making a mistake.

Get a lawyer. Seriously. This is pissing me off too that Lexus would do something like this.

Not only what they did was wrong, it is thievery. Call the better business bureau, see what they say.

You should not pay a dime.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Damn. I'm gettin all fired up I'm typing like a tard.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
So you took delivery of the car without the LSD? I didn't follow the thread after your initial post, but I'd have to say that was a mistake.

Did you pay the $400 on your invoice for the option? Did you get the window sticker? If not, get that stuff first, if you have to, get a lawyer to supeona it from the dealer. That's ridiculous.

Then get on the phone to Lexus customer assistance: 1-800-255-3987 prompt #3 and explain in a calm and rational manner what happened. Let me know!

------------------
Tony [email protected]
'01 SBM w/SRT Intake and Stickers!
'94 12psi Turbo Miata

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by mccarlin:
that really sucks.....

i know next time where im not going......

sorry to hear it, maybe you should try legal action or somthing...

Good Luck!!

i wouldn't stand for it.. make them give it to you.. this is absolute BS!!!

on a side note, mccarlin, hows your SRT/Hiper combo?? noticeable gains?? overall sound?? i ordered the hiper and have the SRT, but im contemplating getting the Blitz nur Spec instead, any thoughts?

also, i heard that the Blitz was the most free flowing exhaust out there, no dynos to prove it, but i heard it from multiple sources.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sorry if I missed the story, but did you not review the papers when you purchase your car? It should have listed the options and whatever fees that will be applied to the car you will receive. If you signed the purchase papers, it would be kinda hard to a legal case.

------------------
2001 Graphite Gray

·
Registered
21,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by webmaster:
So you took delivery of the car without the LSD? I didn't follow the thread after your initial post, but I'd have to say that was a mistake.

Did you pay the $400 on your invoice for the option? Did you get the window sticker? If not, get that stuff first, if you have to, get a lawyer to supeona it from the dealer. That's ridiculous.

Then get on the phone to Lexus customer assistance: 1-800-255-3987 prompt #3 and explain in a calm and rational manner what happened. Let me know!

Here's the deal. We agreed on a price because they didn't make me pay for all the options and others we split the cost, so the price was not broken down on the bill of sale - just the lump sum. It appears that the $400 I believed I was paying for the LSD, was actually for the heated seats.

And NO, they did not give me the window sticker and have yet to provide me with a copy. I already told them this was illegal!

Lexus isn't doing this - it's the damn dealership.

------------------
2001 IS300
Graphite Gray Pearl
[email protected]

·
Registered
666 Posts
I feel your pain, but I think LoQtus is right. The documentation you signed should have indicated exactly what you're getting, listing all the options. Once you signed those papers and drove the car off the lot there isn't much else you can do but file complaints.

I certainly hope Lexus Customer satisfaction come through for you on this one. But even looking at this from Lexus's side, if there's no documentation indicating the options, it's your word against the sales person.

by the way I purchased my IS from the same dealership and have not had any problems with them. Looks like they tried pulling a fast one on an unsuspecting buyer such as yourself.

[This message has been edited by wazzup (edited March 27, 2001).]

·
Registered
341 Posts
Originally posted by is300girl:
Regardless, a call to Lexus Customer service to at least make them aware of what's happend may get you futher than you think. I'd imagine the last thing the owner of a dealership wants is a call from the higher ups at Lexus.

------------------
Kompressor
`01 Millenium Silver IS300

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Lawyer...

If I knew someone, I'd call in a favor...but I don't sorry.

I really do think everyone on the board should call the dealership and just be like "I was thinking of buying a car from your dealership, but I recently heard that..."

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
I'm aware of that. But you need to get Lexus Corporate on your side - and a call to Customer Service will help make that happen.

------------------
Tony [email protected]
'01 SBM w/SRT Intake and Stickers!
'94 12psi Turbo Miata

·
Registered
21,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have 2300 miles on my car. Too many to trade it and and not have to take a loss.

I think I'm pretty much screwed. I will call Lexus though and bitch and moan just to make my point. The salesman told me specifically that the car had LSD. Despite the fact that I don't have it in writing, I consider that a verbal contract.

Maybe I should just drive my car through the front window of the dealership right into an SC430? Just kidding! I still love my car!

------------------
2001 IS300
Graphite Gray Pearl
[email protected]

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think I'm pretty much screwed. I will call Lexus though and bitch and moan just to make my point. The salesman told me specifically that the car had LSD. Despite the fact that I don't have it in writing, I consider that a verbal contract.
Check your e-mail....Do not give up all hope!

·
Registered
134 Posts
This might be a hard lesson to learn, but I feel your pain. Alway, I repeat, ALWAYS have a detail description in writing of what you will receive. Never sign off or accept anything with just a final price. I learn my lesson too as I had asked the dealer once to upgrade the stereo. Dealer agreed, but when I received the car, I didn't get what was verbally agreed upon. Dealer gave me the runaround saying that to bring it back when it is stock. Brought the car back for over a period of 2-3 month before I realized that I've been jerked. I never received my stereo.

You might want to get the TV Consumer Helpline a call. Usually most places will give you what you requested as they rather not have bad press coverage.

Definately have a lawyer look at the papers if all it list was a final price. You might have a case

[This message has been edited by LoQtus (edited March 27, 2001).]

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Originally posted by TicaLis300:

i wouldn't stand for it.. make them give it to you.. this is absolute BS!!!

on a side note, mccarlin, hows your SRT/Hiper combo?? noticeable gains?? overall sound?? i ordered the hiper and have the SRT, but im contemplating getting the Blitz nur Spec instead, any thoughts?

also, i heard that the Blitz was the most free flowing exhaust out there, no dynos to prove it, but i heard it from multiple sources.
I havent installed the hiper yet, i will this weekend, havent heard on the nurspec yet. but i know the hiper is a proven 10HP...
Sorry to get off the subject...
that damn dealer is 5 minutes from my work, maybe i should take a cruise down and cause a riot in front of the customers.....hehe
its not my dealership, i dont care!!!

I think johnny ****rin (sp?) should handle this case. Hes like 5 for 5 in major trials!!

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I would make the case in small claims that an express oral agreement regarding the LSD had been made to you by the salesman acting as an agent of the dealership and you want to rescind the contract based on their failure to deliver the agreed on items for the agreed on price. By the way, It only costs 1500 to have the LSD swapped, aint that sweet? Once you have done the appropriate saber rattling just ask for the four hundred bucks back......

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
14 Participants
sacremon
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing