Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got it today, and was so happy to finally get to look at it in person.

The kit is very well made and very sturdy not flimsy or anything like that. The areas for the holes are there but need to be drilled when installing the kit (no pre-drilled holes). The kit also came with small black grills to fill in the spaces between the middle and two fog lights including the rear open area a total of four small grill pieces. The kit is well packaged and comes in a huge box, so if you are getting this kit soon like I know some others are, have someone with a truck help you take it home.

Now the fun part, getting it painted and installed. I'll try to have pics soon, but that is not possible for me right now since my digicam was lent to a friend a day or two ago and he went out of town. If someone else gets the kit in the next couple of days please post pics for everyone, since I can't for another few days.

[ May 30, 2001: Message edited by: jiggafett ]

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Congrats man! If you need any help I can hook you up with a good paint shop and installer. Also either way I would like to see that kit in person I want to see the side skirts. PM me if you need any help. And Congrats again!

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good lookin' out, I have a place already I'm just waiting for my hookup. A place called Testarosa, I think the name tells you pretty much what kind of cars are taken there to be painted and worked on, thanks again anyways.

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem, ASAP!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey Jiggafett, where did you order the kit from, dealer, or straight from L-sportline? What kind of deal did you get? Post pics when you got it installed. I am close by in Boca, so if I see a GGP with that kit I'll know its you, congrats man.

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by GQGreek:
Hey Jiggafett, where did you order the kit from, dealer, or straight from L-sportline? What kind of deal did you get? Post pics when you got it installed. I am close by in Boca, so if I see a GGP with that kit I'll know its you, congrats man.

I got the kit from a local retailer I know personaly so the price I got will not be what you will get. In that case I will only disclose my purchase price, I really do not want to have people calling this guy up trying to get this price. I hope you all understand, it was either tell the price or tell the retailer, so for your comparison I will tell you the price. I need to keep good relations for future purchases.

F/R Bumper(s)

Side Skirts

Chrome "L-Sportline" Emblem

Sorry, no trunk spoiler (for price comparison)

$1295.00 shipping included

There are ways to get an even better price, the members here who started a group buy got a great deal. For what I have I beleive it was approx. $114 less than what I paid. So, if you are more willing than me to take a chance with people go ahead more power to ya. I did not want to be in a situation where someone did not send payment, someones payment never arrives, and my retailer takes credit cards which from what I recall L-Sportline does not take CC's.

I'd rather have piece of mind knowing I'd have it for sure, than to wait around if something goes wrong.

I hope to get painted and installed by this weekend but, my hookup works during the weekdays (shop hours) so I'm going to have to figure a plan out with him.

Good luck on everyones hunt for a good deal!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Awesome kit!!! It is by far the best looking kit for the IS. I just got a L-sportline catalogue and they have pics of their silver IS all decked out like the one on their web site and wow is it stunning!! Good luck man,

Mike

·
Registered
58 Posts
Originally posted by jiggafett:

I got the kit from a local retailer I know personaly so the price I got will not be what you will get. In that case I will only disclose my purchase price, I really do not want to have people calling this guy up trying to get this price. I hope you all understand, it was either tell the price or tell the retailer, so for your comparison I will tell you the price. I need to keep good relations for future purchases.

F/R Bumper(s)

Side Skirts

Chrome "L-Sportline" Emblem

Sorry, no trunk spoiler (for price comparison)

$1295.00 shipping included

There are ways to get an even better price, the members here who started a group buy got a great deal. For what I have I beleive it was approx. $114 less than what I paid. So, if you are more willing than me to take a chance with people go ahead more power to ya. I did not want to be in a situation where someone did not send payment, someones payment never arrives, and my retailer takes credit cards which from what I recall L-Sportline does not take CC's.

I'd rather have piece of mind knowing I'd have it for sure, than to wait around if something goes wrong.

I hope to get painted and installed by this weekend but, my hookup works during the weekdays (shop hours) so I'm going to have to figure a plan out with him.

Good luck on everyones hunt for a good deal!

Thank You for your information..... you are the best, man

·
Registered
130 Posts
...congrats on the kit. However, I have a question about the L-Sportline kit. I couldn't help but notice that in the pics at their site that kit doesn't have any "holes" for the front and rear side markers. Is this really the case or was that just a preproduction kit or something?

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Syndicate:
...congrats on the kit. However, I have a question about the L-Sportline kit. I couldn't help but notice that in the pics at their site that kit doesn't have any "holes" for the front and rear side markers. Is this really the case or was that just a preproduction kit or something?

That's the way it comes, and for me I'm glad I personaly like the look of the car without it. Maybe because of seeing so many pics of the Altezza without them.

Also, thanks to all of you for your nice comments. My family thinks I'm crazy, but everyone here understands!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Just got mine today also, it is BAD! I can't wait to get it painted and installed. How much are you paying to get yours painted jigga? I was quoted 800 installed, but that was on the side, I think I am going to get a quote from the Lexus painter. Well I will post pics when finished.

Chris

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I like the look without the sidemarkers also, I don't have to worry about clearing them, it looks better without them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
jiggafett-

Did you get the lSportTuned exhaust with yours? Does the rear apron work with the stock exhaust? I think the look of that kit is super sweet! Those rims are pretty tight too.

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
VVITS: Congrats, I know you are siked for sure. My hookup has not hooked up my deal yet, he told me below 500 bucks, but we'll see I hope so, but I am not counting on his quote.

Killerfred: No, I did not get the exhaust, I am quite sure the stock exhaust will fit fine. I think they know not everyone is going to buy everything together, so I think they would design the kit to look good with the stock exhaust, we'll see!

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Getting it painted finally, at a different place than previously thought. Motorcar my neighbors long time pal. $600 everything, will have pics sooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Getting it painted finally, at a different place than previously thought. Motorcar my neighbors long time pal. $600 everything, will have pics sooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!
Impatiently waiting! Do you think you will be able to make it to the AutoX this Saturday . I want to see the side skirts! Let me know. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts