Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yoyoyo

any1 in sfv area install body kit b4...??

my shite is IN i'm on the way to carson to get it....

can this stuff be installed easily &....alone?

pm me or post if ya wannacome help.....

i'll be back in valley by 1:30 today

i am stoked!!!!

edg

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Sorry Edgy...

Just got home from work.... Otherwise if i had the day off I would of come over to help....

Did you get it on.... I guess well see tomorrow????

Joe :chill:

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
u might want to tell what kinda kit...so people know if they can help or not...for me..i never have experiecnes with it, can't help it :p otherwise i would

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
AltEzZa_S4 said:
u might want to tell what kinda kit...so people know if they can help or not...for me..i never have experiecnes with it, can't help it :p otherwise i would
Read the sig :crazy:

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
haha sorrry about that :D

Joe Z said:
AltEzZa_S4 said:
Read the sig :crazy:

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No sweat....thx.Joe appreciate it...next time.....

Oliver swung on by this evening & after the little plumbing emergency i got stuck dealing with & too many other chores on the weekend we got to it & got the front on & barely sussed out the sides etc when i had to go take care of some other stuff real quick & Oliver had to split but we did figger out how it all should work & got set to complete the deal when i got back....I ended up needing to dremel the skirts a touch here & there to facilitate proper fitment (.....like how that sounds so professional eh???? yeah baby YEAH!!!) & was able to get the sides on no sweat... they turned out fine.

I ALSO found out I will prolly need to forgo the rr apron unless i make some exhaust change..... the bastige will straight-up interfere with the hiper as of now unless i get bigger donuts/hangers to drop the hiper a bit lower... & i already have scraped it a time or two & dont wanna abuse the thing anymore.........i am a bit pissed.... the kit looks real good even if the paint seems da SLIGHTEST HAIR MORE SILVERY than the stock paint on the car.... :roll: :roll: :bitching: :whine:

I will know better in the light tomorrow, Oliver thot the same thing as me but it might have been the xpel.....

I am considering swapping out for the stock muffler & dynoing again sorta on a 'lark' or really to see if there is any diff in power w/more BP than now....mabey i'll pop that bad boy in before I split tomorrow & try to get the rr apron mounted as well... currently, unless I saw away at the apron to make room for the Hiper it aint happenin', the stock muffler might work perfectly tho......

BIG Thanks again to Oliver for jetting all the way out to my hood just to hang for a bit & lend a hand, I appreciate it & again am really happy to be a part of this community & to know all you cool fokkers out there.

Hope to see some of you bastiges tomorrow!!!

cummon!!! Drifting is MUCH easier in the RAIN!!!!

Too bad it should be pretty dry by then... :wink: :wink: :wink: ..

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
where did u get the the bodykit painted, maybe u should change place next time 8)

edgy said:
No sweat....thx.Joe appreciate it...next time.....

I ALSO found out I will prolly need to forgo the rr apron unless i make some exhaust change..... the bastige will straight-up interfere with the hiper as of now unless i get bigger donuts/hangers to drop the hiper a bit lower... & i already have scraped it a time or two & dont wanna abuse the thing anymore.........i am a bit pissed.... the kit looks real good even if the paint seems da SLIGHTEST HAIR MORE SILVERY than the stock paint on the car.... :roll: :roll: :bitching: :whine:

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah tell me about it!!! :cry:

it was handled by Carson Toyota i had them paint them with the same shop that did all the painting for the GB on the Rmm stuff they just did... I sent them my A-51 stuff so they all could be painted together with the Rmm skirts & grill i ordered, & matched & they ended up fuggin it all up & the skirts & grill were painted 1st & then the A-51 stuff was sent to get painted AFTER :roll: :roll:

This was not what i wanted & at that point i could have had any fukin' shop paint the damn things.., but i went with them & i guess it looks ok but it also was not that great a bargain I tell ya..... :( :whine: :bitching: :x

what do any of you guys from the saturday meet think....??

I would like to hear what you guys thought of the paint matching & whether i should ( or if you would...?) bitch to Steve & see if they can compensate me...??

Overall I am basically satisfied, but not entirely happy!

For what I paid I would have expected better matching !!!!!!!!!!!

edgy.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
how much did u pay for the paint? i saw u have the a51/armsdesign front lip and the RMM sides..i would guess about 600? thats how much my shop would cost....

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I assume it was about that much,.... mabey.. $700 total for all pieces... i cant remember how much Steve was charging for the Rmm sides i bought from him, & i paid $1g to get it all back (RMM skirts, painted/A51 front & rears, Painted..).. I Cxlled the RMM grill after I found another MSM painted one for cheap online...

...so $1,000.00 & change for the skirts & the painting for all the parts

In total, my kit cost $1,800.00 Painted & installed. :eek:

now....time & money only for :chill: ing...

Gotta save a few $ for Xmas..

ed G.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
front lip/ xpel/ screen... installed...

BTW: I almost forgot, I ended up using the leftover Xpel stuff from the front bumper kit I installed to create a xpel kit to cover the entire (well 90% of it) A-51 front Lip spoiler !

It was a bitch & took a while to cut out & trim properly & there are VERY slight differences in coverage on the left side vs the right (damn hard to match this stuff rite to left!!!) but you only notice that if yer looking for it & up pretty damn close.... :p

I am pretty fuggin' stoked w/myself for making use of that "scrap" & it truly covers all the front facing parts of the Spoiler & almost looks like it was specially cut for the lip.

I ALREADY had a couple little tiny scratches in the lip from rocks &stones tossed up from the road on Sat..... :roll: :pissed: :whine:

I also fabricated a nice little grill/screen to fit inside the lower slots/ openings in the A-51 front lip...I did not like the "open hole" look but ran outta time in the freakin rain on Fri night to get it in there... so i did it yesterday it came out bitchin :wink: looks like it came that way!

who can host a couple pics....?

edgy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
3 Participants
edgy
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing