Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess that's what I get for not checking all the pockets in my pants before starting the wash and I did in fact wash my key. Amazingly it still works, I can only guess how much a new one would cost me. :roll:

Anyone else here had a stupid incident like this?

·
Registered
61 Posts
A new one is around $250 from the dealer. I'm just in the dilemma that I just purchased an IS, but it only has one key. Looking to get another master.

I have a hookup at my dealer, but that still wouldn't help that much if retail is $250.

I'm usually careful I just forgot this time, but I guess I'm quite happy that through all the key went through it still works, which alone is amazing.

·
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
adrnlnjunky said:
A new one is around $250 from the dealer. I'm just in the dilemma that I just purchased an IS, but it only has one key. Looking to get another master.
I have a hookup at my dealer, but that still wouldn't help that much if retail is $250.

I'm usually careful I just forgot this time, but I guess I'm quite happy that through all the key went through it still works, which alone is amazing.

·
Registered
357 Posts
hey i did the same thing with the credit card-sized key...i left it in my wallet and washed the wallet with my pants :crazy: It also worked perfectly fine. I'm sure you could go to the dealership and complain of how the key became faulty after a while and they might replace it.

--nick

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
so where do yah live?

who cares if the garage has an alarm on it, by the time your up outta bed and in the garage, all youll be seeing is taillights... :roll:

·
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lextech1 said:
so where do yah live?

who cares if the garage has an alarm on it, by the time your up outta bed and in the garage, all youll be seeing is taillights... :roll:
Yeah, but he'd probably be shooting at you! He'll just replace the windows (that's if he's a good shot). :lol:

·
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Blitz_IS300 said:
yea i dropped mine in the toilet at a strip club one night.. :lol: sh*t still works :lol:
B4 or after you peed?

My friend did the same with his beeper back in the day, and it was after he peed so you know he had to do! :lol:

·
Registered
210 Posts
it was someone else's piss... dude it suked so bad and i had to think about it for a few sec b4 i fished it out. as i was thinkn, i seen little bubbles comin out of the key.. un-fuckinbelievable. 1st time experience at that strip club too... :pissed: :lol:

·
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Blitz_IS300 said:
it was someone else's piss... dude it suked so bad and i had to think about it for a few sec b4 i fished it out. as i was thinkn, i seen little bubbles comin out of the key.. un-fuckinbelievable. 1st time experience at that strip club too... :pissed: :lol:

:eek:
Now that really sux!!!

Atleast it still worked, otherwise you'd probably kick yourself for bothering.

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
frylai said:
I leave my keys in the car when I m at home...the garage door is closed and the garage alarm is on...o nothing to worry about :D

Matt :D
I guess the folks in New Zealand are more respectful for one's belonging's since here in the U.S. u can't get away with that even if ur in a high powered secured place!!!!!

·
8,827 Posts
Fart_Man_IS300 said:
frylai said:
I leave my keys in the car when I m at home...the garage door is closed and the garage alarm is on...o nothing to worry about :D

Matt :D
I guess the folks in New Zealand are more respectful for one's belonging's since here in the U.S. u can't get away with that even if ur in a high powered secured place!!!!!
:-? :-? :-?
What are you talking about? Many people do the same thing here without garage alarm.
Personally, I start my car in the garage so it warms up, then head back into the house (temp fix until remote start is intalled). Noone will take it.
My Dad's car spent a week at a friends house driveway with its keys on the drivers seat.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I left my key in my pants while they were washing about two months ago and it is still working. Once I found out what I had done I put the key in the oven for about 10-15 seconds to help with the moisture. I never thought it would work again, but everyday that pasts I get proven wrong once again.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Blitz_IS300 said:
Did you wash it after you fished it out??? :lol:

G

·
Blitz_IS300 said:
:lol: sorry, but that's a dang funny story!

·
8,827 Posts
jarod said:
I left my key in my pants while they were washing about two months ago and it is still working. Once I found out what I had done I put the key in the oven for about 10-15 seconds to help with the moisture. I never thought it would work again, but everyday that pasts I get proven wrong once again.
I wonder which decision was worse - to wash a key or to put it in the oven? :lol:
You're lucky it works.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My key fell out of my pocket while walking on a dock. Water was about 8ft deep and couldn't see more than two feet down. Took a net and fished it out after 20min, and it was in the thick dirty mud. I was shocked it worked and still working 6 months later.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.