Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
12/24/2007 11:39pm My car had an electrical fire in the engine bay. I had no signs on anything prior to what had happend. I have tandem parking, and my roomate wanted to leave, (I was behind him) I pulled out my car took the keys out, TT kicked in for 2 minutes and it shut off ( like normal) and I started in back up like normal. and my roomates car is out and I pull back in take my keys out and my TT doesnt kick in, and I step out side the car and crazy amounts of smoke and fire underneath the engine. I tried to open the hood but I couldnt and the flames took over right away.

It was a very sad x-mas eve...

all the items i have for sale I need sold, my Esurance insurance company is blaming it on Lexus. and I am fighting for my claim money, I really need your guys Help!

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Holy shit man that's bad! Sorry to hear about that. Good luck with everything.

Reactions: IZZY RICH

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
HOLY SH!T!!! i didnt know it was that bad man!!! sorry for you loss man.. damn!!! your car was coming along just fine tO!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
HOLY COW man, Very sorry to hear that man. Hope everything works out!

·
Registered
827 Posts
:( thats soo sad damn what a crappy christmas eve you should def get another is300:p

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
hmm insurance should cover it regardless of who is at fault. Your insurance company's job it to process the claim and determine fault. This should be covered under your comprehensive coverage, if they can't determine fault or fine you at fault, the only cost to you should be your deductible.

I guess sometimes, I like the Massachusetts Insurance Laws.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Def. man good luck with everything. And unless you only have liability, your insurance will cover the market value of the car for you, regardless of who's at fault.

have some rep...

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Holly Sh&t! Whao.

Electrical sparking may have been the igniter, but there had to be a hell of a lot of fuel to burn it to that extent. FPR, fuel line or fitting failure somewhere?

Good luck with the insurance.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
damn sorry to see that happen to a fellow .netter..i guess its time for a new car and new project...dont worry your insurance should cover it no matter what..good luck to you

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Tough luck man. I guess insurance is going to buy you back a stock car tho right? Even tho your car is toast... pardon the pun... I still gotta repeat the "thank God nobody got hurt" statement.

Hope you get another Lexus IS and get right back into the modding.

On another note... this photo looks like it belongs on the former Ogrish.com website! :shocked:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
wow man that really sucks, good thing the whole car didn't blow like in the movies haha

insurance should cover EVERYTHING, thats what its there for
insurance doesnt cover everything unless you pay extra for the aftermarket plan, and if you do you need to have receipts. otherwise if you say you had a modified engine and stuff, it will be blamed on you for that problem so its best if you say you didn't have any mods in your engine.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts