Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Guys, serious don't hate on the man... I purchased XXR's 527 in Chromium Black on a 03 GGP IS... +20 all around and it looks really nice... These days its not about the Brand its about spending your money wisely... There are a lot of people who has given XXR good reps and there are a few who do not like them. Funny thing is I originally has SSW wheels with Goodyear Eagle Tires and I sold them to buy these and save more money to do a 2JZGTE swap. Lets not hate the guys post... My opinion on them is it looks good but you should have went with a 225/40/18 in the rear and a 215/40/18 in the fronts... It would have made it stand out a bit more... Just my opinion but thanks for sharing...

·
Registered
121 Posts
On a serious note, you can't complain about people putting xxr on an is when many keep stock wheels and dip or paint them, as well as the new cx racing bolt on kit being "all the rage" when cx is an eBay brand. I'm guilty of it, I plan on using that kit as a starting point and building up from there, but the fact is money well spent can allow you to put more money else where. I personally am a fan of xxr, especially the chromium black 527

·
Registered
58 Posts
Post your car up on a public forum means you are subject to scrutiny and ridicule.

I've noticed only kids and people with horrible style comment about 'haters'.
So let the "kids with horrible taste" do their thing... no one hated on ur wheels and regamasters arent everyones favorite rims... I spoke in general about haters and obviously u took offense to it... maybe u r a hater or soft to that subject. Im glad whoever that kid that over paid for his 1JZ overpaid cuz he is happy with it... Im glad the OP is showing his XXR's cuz he is happy with it... Im glad that you were or are happy with ur regamasters cuz quiet frankly its NOT MY MONEY OR MY CAR! let the kids with horrible taste develop their own taste and let us grown gentleman groom them with our taste without knocking on theirs ... if they choose not to follow... its their money so let them spend it as they choose! STOP HATING HATER! lol

·
Registered
365 Posts
So let the "kids with horrible taste" do their thing... no one hated on ur wheels and regamasters arent everyones favorite rims... I spoke in general about haters and obviously u took offense to it... maybe u r a hater or soft to that subject. Im glad whoever that kid that over paid for his 1JZ overpaid cuz he is happy with it... Im glad the OP is showing his XXR's cuz he is happy with it... Im glad that you were or are happy with ur regamasters cuz quiet frankly its NOT MY MONEY OR MY CAR! let the kids with horrible taste develop their own taste and let us grown gentleman groom them with our taste without knocking on theirs ... if they choose not to follow... its their money so let them spend it as they choose! STOP HATING HATER! lol
Glad you got that off of your chest. Anything else you want to say? Everyone has moved on from this already.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
I don't get it. Why are you guys so overly zealous in defending XXR as a good budget solution and ignore my post about used Enkei and OZ as better budget solutions? Do you guys dislike rims that are stronger and lighter (eg better acceleration and braking) from reputable manufacturers such as OZ and Enkei with proven manufacturing techniques or is it because XXR = moar street creditz??? You guys HAVE done your homework and heard of Enkei and Oz, right?

I'm on a set of ASA AR1's right now. Why didn't I save up the money and buy real wheels???
ASA are a real budget wheel company. They're a subsidiary of Hankook tires. They have a partnership with BBS to license their designs and manufacturing technique. However, ASA are just for looks and not light and performance oriented like some Enkei and OZ models.

·
Registered
27 Posts
XXR 527 18x8.75 +35 235/40/18 all around
they weigh exactly the same as stock 17s
These wheels are amazing and cost less then tires. Had a blowout at 80mph and the rim is perfectly fine and balanced surprisingly. XXR has a bad rep but not in 527s. Mine are extremely curb rashed now though from skimming curbs in the backroads and the local taco bell has a thin drive thru :p

41 - 53 of 53 Posts