Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
you're over doing it on the bitching buddy. every thread I happen to click on, I see you talking shit. why don't you contribute to the site instead of putting your two cents in about wheels... this was done with Rota and now XXR's... we get it! I have yet to see you answer any questions or help any members out... Johnny repped you and that's cool... at least he's not on here bitching like a little kid that can't have others do shit your way!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Ah the old "im gonna cry about how other people modify their car with their own money". The old "i just joined two month ago and I'm the authority on what others should do".

·
Registered
265 Posts
There really is no getting through. Not everyone is made of money to buy very expensive parts. There are alternatives that still get the job done. They are "cheap" in the eyes of the Kim Kardashian car owners.

While you're at it, go ahead and delete your facebook account since that was technically a stolen idea right?

Might as well kill yourself because you live in America which was technically robbed from Native Americans, right?

Can't support the thieves, man.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I guess you don't use generic medicine either, right? The originals cost billions by the original drug companies to develop and push through the FDA. While I do agree with some of the arguments you make, I don't with others. You have the subtlety and tact in your statements as a chainsaw.
You have the right to have your opinions and are welcome to make a cohesive argument to that fact but it should include tact, which seems to elude you.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I piss further than both of you so ha

Setup looks decent ��

·
Registered
135 Posts
Interesting read...
anyways, I run 235s in the back and they dont rub. So enjoy the 245s until they wear and get 235s the next time around. I think you're XXRs look pretty nice on your car...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like the look man but you should roll your fenders if you haven't already! Judging from one of you pics they didn't look rolled and that would help with the rubbing a bit and it would look it bit more tucked.

What suspension set up are you running?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Honestly though, just as a side note.. Who cares if you get fake wheels or not? They look the same. It's kinda of smart to pay money for fake wheels then to spend 1/4 the amount of the car for a set of "real" wheels. Just my 2 cents... again, nice set up!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Honestly though, just as a side note.. Who cares if you get fake wheels or not? They look the same. It's kinda of smart to pay money for fake wheels then to spend 1/4 the amount of the car for a set of "real" wheels. Just my 2 cents... again, nice set up!
No. No it's not. I'll accept people buying them, yet knowing the real thing would be nicer. But to think the fake is better? Nah homie.

On a side note, trying to read your comment was like pulling teeth.

Okay, I'm done waving my dick all over this thread. It's Friday night and I got to save some for the ladies.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I could understand if you were road racing and actually needed real wheels that are less likely to crack or break, but for just cruising or daily driving?:confused:

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
For the price of XXR's, legit, strong, quality and light OZs and Enkei can be had. By the way, light wheels = better acceleration and braking performance, so really you're not just paying for branding as some of you have implied. The sad thing is so many budget built nowadays use XXR, a lot of new kids that are starting to mod actually thinks XXR is a quality wheel manufacturer.

PS. Vossen is BS also ... just marketing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
wow.. so much hate.. i thought the is300 community would be better than this -__- anyway yeah i understand they are fake wheels. but i am only 19 years old College student with a low paying job..

·
Registered
11 Posts
I didn't overpay. Just because you suck at purchases, don't project that on to me.

Regamasters are awesome. Your opinion on looks doesn't matter. You own XXR's.

Sadly, I sold all of my beloved regas because they were too aggressive for the track. They were off of my old car, so it was whatever. It also had a jdmfuccboi engine swap and nice wheels. Who would've though looks AND power was possible, eh?

I'll admit, in my IS3 the engine is stock. But that's fine. I've only had the car for about two months. I'm still researching my setup.

So go race your sweet jdm engined out car around, XXR boy.

Also, sorry to hear you overpaid for your 1j.

But to get this back on track. The tires on the OP's car look like they will rub.
You are the exact type of person that makes all IS owners look bad.

·
Registered
58 Posts
wow.. so much hate.. i thought the is300 community would be better than this -__- anyway yeah i understand they are fake wheels. but i am only 19 years old College student with a low paying job..
Hey i had a quick question... Whos car is it? No one, but your opinion counts! Ive noticed a bunch of "haters" here which is why i dont post as much either. Unless i know Im not gonna get gunned. Just do your thing man and enjoy ur car! When u graduate and make ur first millions buy another set of XXR's just for laughs lol.

·
Registered
365 Posts
You are the exact type of person that makes all IS owners look bad.
Sweet.

Hey i had a quick question... Whos car is it? No one, but your opinion counts! Ive noticed a bunch of "haters" here which is why i dont post as much either. Unless i know Im not gonna get gunned. Just do your thing man and enjoy ur car! When u graduate and make ur first millions buy another set of XXR's just for laughs lol.
Post your car up on a public forum means you are subject to scrutiny and ridicule.

I've noticed only kids and people with horrible style comment about 'haters'.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
don't mind that punk in here or any others for that matter. Post all the pics you want cause there are people in here who still respect another's opinion. As far as your tire set-up goes... you should roll all corners to get a little more clearance (I notice they are not rolled in the pics). You should also look into shaving the rear bumper tab cause I'm pretty sure that's what you're rubbing on.
http://my.is/forums/f221/cant-figure-out-where-my-tires-rubbing-no-more-rub-384731/

·
Registered
79 Posts
So I definitely don't chime in on this forum much at all, but Ive been on here and with my car for 4 years now. I understand the reasoning for buying replica wheels. I'm on a set of ASA AR1's right now. Why didn't I save up the money and buy real wheels??? Well lets see.. Im in college, I have a part time job that puts gas in my tank and food in my mouth, and all I do is daily my car so I have no worry about my wheel breaking in half. Why didn't I just stay stock?? Well I got tired of walking out of the house every morning and having to air up my tires because the stock wheels leaked. Or even walking out of the store or campus parking lot to find my tire with 5psi in it. Yes, eventually once I graduate and get a real job I am planning on getting nice wheels, but until the time comes I'm on replicas. If anyone would like to hate on me for my selection of wheels and my reasoning to buy them, then by all means, have at it. As for his XXR's I think they look good. Definitely will rub, probably should have gone with 235's, but other then that, looks good bud. If y'all wanna bitch and make it public, go make a blog and leave the forum for people who actually will give beneficial input and opinions and not half minded criticisms.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Your xxr look clean man, don't listen to the almighty poon master d bag blvckmoon. Kids a wank. Noticed your plates are Indy, you come down to meets in louisville any or by the bridge?

21 - 40 of 53 Posts