Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought i would share my setup.
XXR 527's 18X8.75 +35mm all around.. With 245/40/18 in the rear and 225/40/18 in the front, Dropped 2 inches. I think it looks Nice! rubs a little in the rear when turning. XP

Attachments

·
Registered
769 Posts
brb, using imagination since no pics

·
Registered
14,829 Posts

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Is the rear rubbing? They look like they might ... drive carefully.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If you did the same size wheel all around, why did you buy wider tires for the rear? Unless you have $$ to blow on tires, but then you probably wouldnt have bought XXRs

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Please no.

This is a thread better left without pictures.
I don't know who pissed in your cornflakes this morning but you are wheel snob. Just because you overpaid for some ugly Russian wheels doesn't give you the right to put down others. I have been reading your posts in other threads and you always put other people down and hardly have anything constructive to say. I have XXR 531s because I didn't want to spend $3000 on CCW Classics. I spent that money on a 1JZ GTE VVTI instead.
Should I be a snob to you because I have a JDM engine and you chose to spend your money on "Stancing" out your car?

Don't be a dick

·
Registered
365 Posts
I don't know who pissed in your cornflakes this morning but you are wheel snob. Just because you overpaid for some ugly Russian wheels doesn't give you the right to put down others. I have been reading your posts in other threads and you always put other people down and hardly have anything constructive to say. I have XXR 531s because I didn't want to spend $3000 on CCW Classics. I spent that money on a 1JZ GTE VVTI instead.
Should I be a snob to you because I have a JDM engine and you chose to spend your money on "Stancing" out your car?

Don't be a dick

I didn't overpay. Just because you suck at purchases, don't project that on to me.

Regamasters are awesome. Your opinion on looks doesn't matter. You own XXR's.

Sadly, I sold all of my beloved regas because they were too aggressive for the track. They were off of my old car, so it was whatever. It also had a jdmfuccboi engine swap and nice wheels. Who would've though looks AND power was possible, eh?

I'll admit, in my IS3 the engine is stock. But that's fine. I've only had the car for about two months. I'm still researching my setup.

So go race your sweet jdm engined out car around, XXR boy.

Also, sorry to hear you overpaid for your 1j.

But to get this back on track. The tires on the OP's car look like they will rub.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I didn't over pay for my 1J($1800 with t belt/ water pump done). I was pointing out that I used the money that would have cost me on expensive wheels and put it to use where it really matters, but thank you for finally contributing constructively to the conversation even if was only the last sentence. If people want to buy something they like then just say "Not my taste but as long as you like them then cool" or something like that. You don't impress anyone by acting like an ass and I held off on calling you out on it but at this point I had to step in.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I didn't overpay. Just because you suck at purchases, don't project that on to me.

Regamasters are awesome. Your opinion on looks doesn't matter. You own XXR's.

Sadly, I sold all of my beloved regas because they were too aggressive for the track. They were off of my old car, so it was whatever. It also had a jdmfuccboi engine swap and nice wheels. Who would've though looks AND power was possible, eh?

I'll admit, in my IS3 the engine is stock. But that's fine. I've only had the car for about two months. I'm still researching my setup.

So go race your sweet jdm engined out car around, XXR boy.

Also, sorry to hear you overpaid for your 1j.

But to get this back on track. The tires on the OP's car look like they will rub.
Dude you're the man. Must feel so great to shit on many people on these forums who own XXRs. Oh no, afforable wheels that look great on the IS? Curse them! No need to get butthurt that somebody can spend >$1000 and have their car look just as good as somebody who spends a stupid amount.

To the OP, 245s are probably going to rub. I see people running 235s in the rear and just barely getting by the fender, thats with the negative camber too. I myself am running 18x9.75 +20 in the rear on 225/18/40 and I still rub on the big bumps in the road. Can't avoid them though here in CT.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Dude you're the man. Must feel so great to shit on many people on these forums who own XXRs. Oh no, afforable wheels that look great on the IS? Curse them! No need to get butthurt that somebody can spend >$1000 and have their car look just as good as somebody who spends a stupid amount.
Here is a novel concept. If you can't afford it, don't buy it.

Maybe down the road when you save up (god forbid someone does that, right?), go ahead and buy Wedsports.

Just because you are unable to afford something is not an excuse to buy a knockoff and stolen design / idea.

Too many people act like driving a stock car is some horrible thing. So they end up in a rush trying to get their car as 'modded' and 'different' as possible.

Modding cars isn't a race.

I am not hating solely on the OP, Who by the way is running tires about as horrible as his wheels.

I'm hating on everyone who supports the idea of this modded car peasant mentality and who actually has the audacity to try and make it sound like they are doing the right thing.

·
Registered
494 Posts
You need to stop referring to people as peasants. These cars are old and most are daily driven. I would never put wheels on a car that cost at least half the value of the car.
You don't have a Supra
You don't have a GTR

Get over it

·
Registered
365 Posts
Want to save money modding you car? Pro tip, don't mod it.

I miss the days when a majority of the car community had self worth and purchased legit car parts from quality vendors.

Just because the car doesn't cost a substantial amount of money doesn't make it okay to run knockoff parts as an excuses.

What does daily driving have to do with anything?

All of this skewed logic in believing it is okay to be running knockoff parts which are knowingly stolen designs is quite sad.

Modding cars isn't a race. Want a nice part? Save up. Buy second hand to save a few bucks even! Help make the car Eco system stronger.

Making excuses as to why you don't just resembles a thief who believes stealing is okay as long as they feel it is justified.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Want to save money modding you car? Pro tip, don't mod it.
So unless you are going to spend a ridiculous amount of money on car parts when you really don't need to, then you just shouldnt at all?

So if somebody has a budget of 10k, in which they could buy wheels, piece together a turbo kit (a pretty darn good one) and have the car tuned to run perfectly, they shouldnt unless they buy all reputable brand parts? Especially when there are alternatives to name brand parts that work just as good, why the hell would you not buy less expensive part? Of course, in many cases you need to spend the money on the name brand part because you simply do not want to cheap out on something wearable, but it just doesn't make any sense to break the bank when you don't have to.

I haven't found the money tree seed yet, maybe I could pick one up from you since there seems to be no limit on over there.

·
Registered
365 Posts
So unless you are going to spend a ridiculous amount of money on car parts when you really don't need to, then you just shouldnt at all?

So if somebody has a budget of 10k, in which they could buy wheels, piece together a turbo kit (a pretty darn good one) and have the car tuned to run perfectly, they shouldnt unless they buy all reputable brand parts? Especially when there are alternatives to name brand parts that work just as good, why the hell would you not buy less expensive part? Of course, in many cases you need to spend the money on the name brand part because you simply do not want to cheap out on something wearable, but it just doesn't make any sense to break the bank when you don't have to.

I haven't found the money tree seed yet, maybe I could pick one up from you since there seems to be no limit on over there.
Being on a budget doesn't mean your car has to look like you're on a budget.

'I want to paint my car but I can't afford a paint job. So I'll primer it.'

'I want WedsSports, but I can't afford that. So I'll buy XXR.'.

'I want a Bride seat, but I can't afford that. So I'll buy a knockoff Bride.

People use to not be like this... Now-a-days cars seem to be built off of excuses and poor decisions. When someone points it out, they are labeled as a 'hater'.

I'm sure Figs wants to bang his head against a wall every time someone buys Megan Racing / Godspeed links and then say they never buy his product because it's 'too expensive'.

Does nobody care about quality anymore? Does nobody care about building a car nicely? Being poor doesn't mean you should look poor.

Why stop at knockoff mods? Buy a knockoff iPhone. Buy a knockoff Macbook too. Shoot, buy that off-brand cereal which comes in a bag big enough to fill a trough while you're at it.

Oh, need some shoes? Don't buy the Nike's. Just go buy some Sketchers or some Jordan replicas.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts