Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally picking up my Black Onyx IS300 tommorrow. It has leather and moonroof and I am getting it for $30091. Out the door $32900. I already bought a MTX 6500D amp, my Autolock Pro, my Mass 12 inch sub, and my Compustar alarm. Ill post up pics after I can install them. Does anyone know a reputable stereo/car alarm installer in Southern California? My future mods will be a spoiler, Pioneer Dex-P9 (as soon as it hits the stores), a Pioneer CDX-PD6 in dash 6 cd player, a VSD II display, and hopefully a bodykit. Ill keep you guys posted. Can't wait!
"After countless months of waiting, dreaming, lusting, and obsessing, you will soon be mine. Until then 5/26/01....Attente moi ma beauté noire. Parlez-vous Désir?"

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Originally posted by tenchi300:
I am finally picking up my Black Onyx IS300 tommorrow. It has leather and moonroof and I am getting it for $30091. Out the door $32900. I already bought a MTX 6500D amp, my Autolock Pro, my Mass 12 inch sub, and my Compustar alarm. Ill post up pics after I can install them. Does anyone know a reputable stereo/car alarm installer in Southern California? My future mods will be a spoiler, Pioneer Dex-P9 (as soon as it hits the stores), a Pioneer CDX-PD6 in dash 6 cd player, a VSD II display, and hopefully a bodykit. Ill keep you guys posted. Can't wait!
"After countless months of waiting, dreaming, lusting, and obsessing, you will soon be mine. Until then 5/26/01....Attente moi ma beauté noire. Parlez-vous Désir?"

Congrats on the good deal no limited slip? Also, what'd it take to get them down the 30 and some change? And what's the 2800 in additional fees? Just taxes?? Sorry, can't help you on the stereo question, but congrats again, I think you've qualified for the cheapest price yet award

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It took awhile to get the prices down but the most important thing to remember is that not everything the dealer tells you is true. The most important lesson I have learned in purchasing a car is to be patient and not fall for deals that may "seem to be too good to pass up." I had many cases where the dealer told me that I was getting the best deal but I found an even better deal. Try to start a price war with every Lexus dealer around you. You can start online by visiting carsdirect, drivebytel, etc. to get a quote. Edmunds is a good site to know how much you should be paying as they list invoice prices there. A fair deal should be 2-3% over invoice, of course I got below invoice but that was purely due to how "desparate" the dealer wants your business. The best times to purchase the car is towards the end of the month and usually on Saturdays. Remember don't always believe in everything the dealer tells you. I remember one time the salesmen said that they only had 1 car at that price. I declined and after 5 mins they called me back to tell me that they just got the color I wanted in stock. That was a bunch of bs. Remember when your trying to purchase a car, a lot of salesmen treat you like shiet but its all part of this game. The more you know, the better off youll be. I have been researching for about 7 months on this car before I actually bought it. This first time car buying experience has taught me a lot, and the internet was one of my most important tools in bargaining. Good luck for those of you still trying to purchase a car. Don't wait too long or the 2001's are going to be gone! :p

·
2,909 Posts
Good job on the price, I got mine in Oct. for 30g's but no leather. I think I did good for a 3-4 month old car (back then). Next time I will try your method, there's nothing like seeing a dealer work for you!

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Originally posted by tenchi300:
Good purchase tips... After internet information, the old envelope approach can work too. Get your top 3 dealers, tell them they're all evenly matched in price. Ask to put in any perks and their LOWEST price in an envelope which you'll pick up on the last day of the month. Tell them you're going with the best deal. If they say they don't want to loose your business for a few hundred dollars, tell them their quote should reflect their thoughts. A friend buys cars that way, with much success.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
IS-F-I-Found
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing