Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My heart is just about to be broken this morning when a girl in her SUV hit me while she was backing out of her driveway. What an idiot, she says she didn't see my car at all. Now my whole driver's side front panel and rim is all messed up. What should I do about the insurance issue?? HELP PLEASE!!! My car is in Raleigh, NC but my dealership is in Hendrick Lexus in Charlotte and my car is undrivable.

Kenneth

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
go figure...an suv...the clueless behemoths of the road

sorry to hear about your car...that does suck beyone words.

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts
Originally posted by str8upchillboi:
My heart is just about to be broken this morning when a girl in her SUV hit me while she was backing out of her driveway. What an idiot, she says she didn't see my car at all. Now my whole driver's side front panel and rim is all messed up. What should I do about the insurance issue?? HELP PLEASE!!! My car is in Raleigh, NC but my dealership is in Hendrick Lexus in Charlotte and my car is undrivable.

Kenneth
Dude I feel you pain. This morning when I awoke I felt a tremor in the force. It told me that some Dumb Ass in an SUV had hit one our worlds most precious automobiles and I began to cry. OK NOT REALLY

About the insurance though, you should call her insurance and have them pay to have it towed to your lexus dealer and also have them pay for a rental car. You should of course call your insurance.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
i heard there's going to be a new law or something(maybe just in cali) prohibiting the use of SUV's by teenagers. any truth to this rumor? myabe insurance companies will just raise premiums on SUVs...i hoep so, i can't wait for SUVs to go away

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Clam I doubt that will happen....this is still a free country. Even though SUVs are dangerous, I'd stand up against that. Look what happened when they tried to get rid of the smog producing cars in CA...that caused a huge mess.

The lesson here is to be aggressive in your defensive driving...keep your eyes open for targets/threats/puntang at all times...my little run in with the van that threw cargo at me taught me that....the price of freedom (or an unscathed car) is eternal vigilance.

Agent Smith Out

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well the first question is..."is she HOT?"
If she is HOT then I guess she just has to drive you around until you get your new ride from your dealership. then maybe practice having some babies or somesort.

If she is not HOT, then sew the bimbo, for your depression of your tight ride, good luck!!

------------------
MJ 300

2002 Models please come!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
i heard there's going to be a new law or something(maybe just in cali) prohibiting the use of SUV's by teenagers. any truth to this rumor? myabe insurance companies will just raise premiums on SUVs...i hoep so, i can't wait for SUVs to go away
I saw this on CNN I think, a congress man or a senator suggested this but I don't if he is serious about writing it up and trying to pass it in his state. They also said they want to limit teenages from driving with other teenagers.

·
2,909 Posts
Lets just get rid of all the SUV's!!!

str8upchillboi, sorry to hear about your car. Good luck for the future. Keep your head high!!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Damn HomeBoy.......

Sorry to hear that.

Where did you have your car parked??

In front of house on street??

Damn, keep me up to date on whats happening.
If you need me to do anything for you let be know. I live here in Charlotte and know several employees at Hendricks Lexus.

Let me know man.
Again sorry for your misfortune.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Originally posted by JW:
So much for driving an SUV for "better visibility..."
Ironically, the same thing that gives SUV drivers better visibility, namely the higher perch, makes the SUV more dangerous for its owner. When one of those Firestones gives out, the higher center of gravity can result in a rollover. Most folks might feel safer in an SUV or pickup, but I would feel twice as scared. One tire blowup and it could be all over.

[This message has been edited by Young (edited October 24, 2000).]

·
Registered
591 Posts
Originally posted by Agent Smith:
Happy Birthday Agent.

Agent, Denise is my Wife.
The owner of the IS..
Sorry if we Confused you..
We both post on the forum under my user name.

She usually ends her post with "Denise C."

Smra. (The MAN)

·
Registered
76 Posts
First of all, I am sorry to hear about your car. Lexus Roadside Assistance (LRA) will tow your car to the nearest Lexus dealership for free (within a certain mile radius). If you are more than 100 miles away from your house of this accident, LRA will pay for your lodging up to a certain amount. Call LRA to verify this. Their number is in your Lexus portfolio, which holds your car manual. If that girl offers to pay you cash for the damages and asks you not to report it, say no to her, because if she flakes out, then you have no legal recourse (because you did not report it to your insurance and it is basically her word against your word *if* you are able to find her ... she might give you some fake contact information). At any rate you will have to pay a collision deductible to get your car fixed.

p.s. Happy belated bday Agent Smith.

--Nancy

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yo SMRA,
Thanks for your help and understanding man, I owe you one. I also know people at Hendrick Lexus, but my problem is whether I should get the car fixed at Charlotte or in Raleigh where I go to school? I'm leaning on towards getting it fixed at charlotte, although I know that Hendrick Lex doesn't have their own body shop, so my question to you is if you are able to provide me with any information with reputable body shops in town that will be able to fix my car? The girl, as far as I know so far, is pretty stubborn. She says she didn't see my car while backing out, although judging from the accident, she was at least backing out over 15mph. And since I live at an apartment, I parked on the side of the street where all the nice cars park, because the spaces are soooo damn tight that my car would have so many dents by the end of the year if I parked there, so I had to compromise by parking on the side of the street. It only happened that she hit my car, and not the Mercedes SL500 or the BMW M3 that were behind me. What luck I have! So if you could provide me with the information of where I should get my car fixed at (rim replaced, brakes checked, axle checked, front left fender replaced, body frame checked, engine checked) and the number to the place, i'd be greatly appreciated since I don't have access to 704 numbers from Chapel Hill. I will definitely have to meet up with you sometime for your help and treat you well for helping me out bro. Thanks a million. And also, thanks to everyone that've provided me with your answers and thoughtfulness while I am going through this terrible ordeal.

Kenneth

·
Registered
591 Posts
Kenneth,

GOOD NEWS.... Hendrick Lexus Has A Body Shop They Use right beside them.
Call and ask about it.
I know they do ALL their body work there.
The shop uses computers to get the car back to NEW im told.
There's several wrecked RX300's Gs..Ls...
there in the parking lot on the Right of Hendricks waiting for parts.
Im gonna call them in 15min when they open and ask them some questions.....I'll let you know what I find out.
Is the girl's Insurance Paying for the damage??
If you like, E-Mail me at [email protected]
And if you like I can give you our Phone # or you can give me your's.
Because Im sure you calling from Raleigh will be long distance.

Smra.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
12 Participants
smra
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing