Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First pic of IS300 when I purchased it in march of 2010

It was bone stock, and first thing I did was buy some ebay headlights and grill combo. God it was such a waste of money.

Solo fog lights mod

carbon fiber shift mod

Type-R front lip (didnt fit and different color) FAILL

Carbon Fiber Vinyl trim

Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars (one of the better things I did on the car)

12 Inch Sub&Amp

AEM Short Ram Intake

3000K HID Fogs

Ok at this point I had graduated High School and started to get smarter on my purchases, youll see that I will slowly start over from stock.
THENNNN I GOT HITTT

While in the shop got one of these Pieces of CRAP, emphasis on crap

Bought My HKS DRagger II

You can see my cats reflection on the left of the muffler

Dragger alone was too quiet so I bought a megan down pipe, MUCH louder, and sounded awesome, little raspy but good.

Bought new set of OEM lugs and painted Red

Bought Slotted Rotors (ebay, will not again, but good rotors all in all)

Smoked my tails as an expiriment, from far away, it looked good, but sketchy up close, took it off the next week.

Trashed my ebay headlights, bought a new set of OEMs, and did a blackhouse project.

THENNNNN got a ticket for my 18% tints in the front (came with the car), my exhaust, and my plate in the dashboard. $480 worth of fines that i didnt have the money to pay for so i used the opportunity to start over with my venture in modding my IS so I sold my dragger muffler and put the OEM one back on, took my front tints off, and remounted the license plate.

Got my NOKYA yellow high beam bulbs

Used money from sold HKS muffler to purchase megan headers

I returned them 3 days later for fitment issues. The whole experience kinda got me off headers for the time being.

Winter pics

Rvinyl Fog light inserts

Moved my plate again, and tried an awesome wax (meguiars ultimate paste wax)

Took my HID Fogs out, causing problems
Meet at Occaquan Lake

Got my Tein CS Golds in today

Coil over install is gonna be in a while, turns out its near impossible to get mounts for these coils. So i gotta exchange them or something. Pretty bummed.

pedobear!!

Ok update 05/09
Just ordered new mounts from Tein off their second gen CSTs. Had to get them directly from Japan, shippin killed me, but I hope it's worth it, I have to lower my car before June!! lol

Got all my mounting hardware in

still waiting on the mounts :/

GOT THE MOUNTS IN, Put them on, very annoying and messy without a strut spring compressor.

Throw these in ASAP

OK update 05/24/11
Got the coils installed on saturday, they rode NICE, i got one pic, then one of them opened up and oil is leaking out, i pressed the cap back on, and it just blew right off wen i drove it.

sooooo right now its FML, and i gotta get a way to put the stock ones back in.
Its gonna be a while before i update most likely, well see

Update February 2012-
It's been a WHILLLEE since I've updated this thing. Here are some pics I shot over the fall. Pretty much hasn't changed much since then. Took off a bunch of the decals I had on it, and got Continental Tires in the front (woot!)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congrats on the car purchase. Those eBay purchases gives me a nice giggle. You can only learn from your mistakes or others. So far so good and clean. Keep it up. Will be looking forward to the install pictures of the coilovers. Don't go too low without a camber kit. ;]

·
Registered
250 Posts
GGP FTW!!! Nice car... sucks about some mods had to be taken off..

theres no such thing as 18% tint.. Its limo 5%, 20%, 35%, 50%..

im a window tinter.

·
Premium Member
9,782 Posts
Sway bars for the win .....make yourself a joez type intake pipe also .....

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Car looks good. That definitely sucks you had an issue with a LEO, but nevertheless it has come along pretty good. As mentioned, add some sways, makes a big difference. Glad to hear you'll be doing a drop. Thanks for sharing and keep the mods coming:)

·
Registered
349 Posts
dont stop modding!! Well I dont think you can because its an addiction!! I know I can't lol. Lookin good so far mang!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You have one of the cleanest stock exhausts I have seen. Did you polish that?
yeah mothers metal pollish, and a cheap orbital buffer
Also I put a couple coats of high heat clear coat on to hopefully prevent further corrosion/gunk build up.

So far so good

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
let me guess on the Megan Headers...you ordered them from eBay?

had a similar experience when I had mine, there are A LOT of Megan knockoffs on ebay that arent even close to fitting. we ended up cutting the header into two pieces bolted them on, then welded back together on the bottom. it was a bitch but worth it

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
let me guess on the Megan Headers...you ordered them from eBay?

had a similar experience when I had mine, there are A LOT of Megan knockoffs on ebay that arent even close to fitting. we ended up cutting the header into two pieces bolted them on, then welded back together on the bottom. it was a bitch but worth it
nnoope, no ebay, learned my lesson in the past. It was a credible website (not to be mentioned) I gave them a good piece of my mind, and they took the return no problem.

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
nnoope, no ebay, learned my lesson in the past. It was a credible website (not to be mentioned) I gave them a good piece of my mind, and they took the return no problem.
more than likely they got theirs from the place on eBay that is making the knockoffs of the Megans. I think I only paid $100 shipped for mine brand new, so if this "credible website" bought 10 or 15 of them, turned around and sold them for what other places sell them ($225-275) they turn a pretty good profit. eBay is going to be the death of lower-end parts companies :lol:

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Very nice so far.
Lookin forward to pics after the coilovers install.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah im definitely taking tons of pics of this thing dropped. I may in the future get OBX headers, velocity has some and he doesn't have any issues. That is if my exhaust wont be too loud (Tanabe Medallion Touring) thats what I'm planning on buying next. It will be the Catback system paired with my megan downpipe

1 - 20 of 56 Posts