Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- thinking of selling my car AS-IS (everything on it) for around $32,000
- its a 2003 5spd with 10,000 miles on it...
- I would put it back to stock, but not sure how "FAST" it would sell...
- yay or nay?

- OBVIOUSLY I will be losing a lot, but lets just say I put it to stock and sell it for $26K... I can't sell my parts for $6K
- parts:

. HKS coilovers and exhaust
. VOLK wheels
. STEREO SYSTEM: JL AUDIO 13w7, 1000/1, 300/4, BOSTON ACOUSTICS ProSeries 6.5 System, 0/1 AWG wiring, batcap, and an ALPINE cda-7998 headunit
. ALTEZZA grill, dash tray, LIP (getting painted), non-smoker's box, and steering wheel badge (little shlt, but just letting you know)
. PHR short shifter

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the batmobile said:
i doubt anyone willing to pay 32.. anyways just part out and sell if u want to
- I have an offer right now, still thinking though :oops:

- 9 months ago, payed $32k for the car and put $8-9K on it the next day :cry:

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
fock it.. part it out....

I got dibs on the HKS HiperMaxII, JL13W7, and the JDM black Chrome Tails. :crazy: :D

guess your idea of a boosted S2000 is getting a little closer to reality eh?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
if you have an offer, take advantage of it.....I don't think you'll get much more interest from other people @ 32k.

part it out

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kraze8 said:
fock it.. part it out....

I got dibs on the HKS HiperMaxII, JL13W7, and the JDM black Chrome Tails. :crazy: :D

guess your idea of a boosted S2000 is getting a little closer to reality eh?
- like I said, I doubt it will even up...
- I dunno if im going to boost
- my brother's co-worker has a CLEAN ASS s2000, its a YELLOW (my second choice) 2002 with ONLY 7,200 MILES!!!! :eek: reason is because that fuck3r has a VIPER, an RX-7, and a MIATA... but yea, he WANTS $26k for it, maybe talk him down to $25k :wink:

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kraze8 said:
:eek: you have a brother? :eek: I thought you were an only child. :-?
- wtf... yea foo! hahahhahah
- he is 29 years of age.

·
Registered
114 Posts
dut said:
the batmobile said:
i doubt anyone willing to pay 32.. anyways just part out and sell if u want to
- I have an offer right now, still thinking though :oops:

- 9 months ago, payed $32k for the car and put $8-9K on it the next day :cry:
If you have a good offer than take it. Selling a modded car is very
hard. Not that there's anything wrong with a modded car but many
people will not like the way your car is modded exactly. Everyone
has different tastes. It will be easier to sell if you put it back to stock.

just my 2 pennies worth.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
so your saying you want an s2000?

i have an '03, has more balls than a stock is300, but comfort and luxury wise, the is300 rocks.

if you can sell it for that price, its prolly a damn good deal.

personally jus boost your lexy and you'll forget about that honda :D

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
goldznnz said:
so your saying you want an s2000?

i have an '03, has more balls than a stock is300, but comfort and luxury wise, the is300 rocks.

if you can sell it for that price, its prolly a damn good deal.

personally jus boost your lexy and you'll forget about that honda :D
- I doubt im going to boost anything.. just a thought, unless me and my friends can piece together a turbo kit for a fair amount

·
Registered
6 Posts
pending on the market

To me that seems slightly hight, but it all depends on the buyer man. Selling cars that are rarer than others gives you a slight edge, ie, is300's aren't as commonplace as accords. In MN you could sell it for close to that, because there aren't many is300's period. If you have the time just advertise advertise advertise and see what comes in. I just sold 3 cars this summer and I know how hard the market is right now. Especially in the winter, losing a lot of the marketplace for the time being.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
jrtnos - IS300's in Southern Cali are like Honda Accords... dime a dozen. :eek:

When only the '01's were out.. they were rare.. but after a couple of years on the market.... there seems to be a huge increase is spotting one. I see them everyday.. as a matter of fact.... there were 3 in my parking lot a work (previous job) and now there are 2 others in the parking lot of my new job.

so if he was to advertise his ride for that much.... he'd be lucky if he got a call from me to curse him out. :lol:

dut.... for $32K... it seems like a great price..but like you said,... you would still be losing a lot of money, and you haven't even owned the car for a year yet... right? .. I vote for you to keep it. It's a badass looking ride man.

but if you ever plan on parting it out... I got dibs on all your shiz :crazy:

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
if you plan on selling, do yourself a favor and raise the car up to a realistic height, haha. Its a tad to low and anyone that see's it will immediately be deterred away.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Malekreza11 said:
if you plan on selling, do yourself a favor and raise the car up to a realistic height, haha. Its a tad to low and anyone that see's it will immediately be deterred away.
- nah, its actually a friend of mine thats looking into buying it and thats how we roll down here :crazy: "if it don't rub, it ain't low enough" :chill:

- anyways, that dood SAID he applied for the loan... we'll see what happens...
- if he gets approved, the car is gone... if not then im cool, just slap my lip on and im straight...

- OH BTW: TIM, im getting a gixxer 1000 now :eek:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
If your car is stock. It is marketable to a much bigger market. you are narrowing down potential buyer being lowered and mod-ed

Also car owner wants pick and choose parts to add on themselves that is half of the fun.

Bring it back to stock if you are seriously selling.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
YellowIS5spd said:
If your car is stock. It is marketable to a much bigger market. you are narrowing down potential buyer being lowered and mod-ed

Also car owner wants pick and choose parts to add on themselves that is half of the fun.

Bring it back to stock if you are seriously selling.
- thought of that... here goes... KBB SWEARS my car is worth $28K (bullshit, you can buy a new one for 29) but lets JUST SAY I sell my car (STOCK) for $26k (high balling).. I highly DOUBT I would make $6K if I were to sell everything (parts)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
it is a no win situation to sell a car you bought new.. 20% depreciation after 1 day of ownership my friend.. That the way it is with cars. :whine:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.