Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so these past two nights ive had 4 races, and won all of them. my car has I/H/E, clutch and springs and shocks. the is250 and civic si(k20) both had bolt on but it wasnt even close. i didnt realize my car would do this good from a 40 roll. if the runs they got a better start or i shifted bad, i still pulled on them. they couldnt keep up at all. i was pretty sure i would win but didnt think that easy. also somehow i was nose to nose with a 05-09 mustang GT, we got up to over 110 and i started to edge forward. but then we were coming up on traffic and i dont wanna kill someone so i let off. i thought a GT would easily beat the IS? i was shocked after that. last night i came up on a civic and we talked at the light, and decided to go do a chase on some of the backroads....not even fair. i knew i had the straights easy so i would let off on them, but man he could even stay close in the corners...im sure his motor had something to do with it but still i thought the power difference wouldn't matter as much in the corners.. all in all it was alot of fun and i was really impressed by how my IS performed.

Now i need some help...idk if this is the right forum to ask about tickets but idk what to do. a cop pulled me over on my way home saying i was going 70 in a 45!?? he didnt have radar on me but paced me....i know for a fact i wasnt even close to going 70...i doubt i was even going over 50. i honesty think he was trying to get his quota and saw a loud car driving at 2am and decided to give me a ticket..i was so pissed and dont need this on my insurance...any idea on how i should handle this? i plan on saying not guilty in court.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Here is my golden advice so listen up: Secret to beating a ticket is to drag it out in court. Ask for trial extensions until you can no longer do so. Then plead not guilty and ask for a trial by written declaration. This is basically a written submission of your account vs the officers judged by a third party. Look at your ticket and the violation code(s). Include as much info as possible (pics, maps of road, whatever) to help your case and provide reasonable doubt in your favor. If you have great driving record, mention it in your defense. If you lose the TBWD, request a Trial de Novo which is your last chance to fight in court. Hopefully by then, officer won't remember you or the case and you will have best chance in court. Best case, he doesn't show and you win automatically. I got caught racing 95+mph in a 55 mph road and won my case this way. GL!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks a lot, i will defiantly try this, so should i keep postponing my 1st court appearance? and how long should i wait till i call and do so?

·
Registered
125 Posts
thanks a lot, i will defiantly try this, so should i keep postponing my 1st court appearance? and how long should i wait till i call and do so?
Postpone as long as you can. wait until maybe a day or two before court appearance. Family sick, out of town, etc. Extensions, extensions. It was over a year before my case was finished. At the very least, even if you were doomed to lose your case, by postponing you avoid paying increased insurance premiums sooner.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Postpone as long as you can. wait until maybe a day or two before court appearance. Family sick, out of town, etc. Extensions, extensions. It was over a year before my case was finished. At the very least, even if you were doomed to lose your case, by postponing you avoid paying increased insurance premiums sooner.
This should be stickied lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks Fellas! Glad I can help. In my case, cop used a Lidar gun which is tough to beat. I studied it and found weaknesses to help my case. Study the scene of the crime, take pics, see if its really 45 mph zone where he stopped you. The more info you have to prove your case, the better.
For my case, it was a no brainer to plead not guilty since I could not take traffic school for these major violations to clear my record, so really I had nothing to lose and much more to gain by fighting in court. If you have a minor offense and have the opportunity to take traffic school to clear the violation, it is worth considering. You may be able to plead guilty with explanation, and hope the judge is in a good mood and reduce your fine. Dress up for court, wear a tie and dress shirt, take off your earrings, wear glasses, lol whatever you need to look smart and educated. GL.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i feel like since he paced and didn't use a radar gun that it will work in my favor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts