Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so this weekend i came up on a mustang at Mcdonalds, after talking with the guy he told me it was supercharged and had about 475whp...this thing sounded so mean it was crazy, anyways we decided to go on the interstate and do some 40mph rolls. i knew i'd loose i just really wanted hear his car while he was getting on it...so we start the race, and to my surprise he didn't kill me...i did lose but i was so surprised how well my IS did against it...i noticed his suspension was all stock so his rear end was squatting down hard when he shifted...but i just wanna know why i wasn't destroyed? im assuming its the gear ratio maybe? all i have is full bolt ons(srt itake), and a stage 2 clutch...i thought he would just kill me but he really didn't...cant wait to see how the car will do once i install cams this weekend....oh and i really wish i could have touged with him, i feel he wouldn't have a chance at all

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Probably cause all the power he is putting down is just making him spin. Mustangs dont get very good traction with more than 350RW without the suspention built

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess that could be it, his suspension was stock for sure..i didn't hear any wheel spin but then again i wasn't listening out for it...all i know is that i've beat two stock GT's and now didn't get raped by a 475whp GT..im happy with the results no matter what the cause is

1 - 3 of 3 Posts