Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer told me that my Spectra Blue IS300 with 17" wheels, Limited slip diff (LD), Leather Package (LS), Heated Seats (HH) and Sunroof (SR) arrived at the port this weekend and I should be able to pick it up in 10 days

I don't know if it is black or ivory interior yet (black looks more classy IMHO), and I don't think it has the Graphite Wheels (AL) I requested but I can live with that.

Also I believe I will get the vehicle on June 22 at a little below MSRP
- more details to follow...

·
Registered
226 Posts
dont you feel like going down to the port, and just driving it away from there! I cant stand waiting, guys less then ten days!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Some dealers are willing to sell slightly below sticker.. Just call and email around and you will see. Even in S. California

·
Registered
57 Posts
Why not fly down or take a nice scenery drive on Highway 1(PCH) and buy one here if you can save a thousand or two... I'm Los Angeles and I have called dealers in Fresno, San Diego, Palm Springs (just 100 miles away) and some local dealers like Santa Monica or Beverly Hills Lexus, you will be surprised on who's willing to deal and who will reject you right out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey S Flavor, which S.California dealers have you spoken with that are willing to deal? Santa Monica called me up and told me only MSRP but nothing over, Westminister gave me b.s., Cerritos completely ignored me when i went in to ask them questions, and i havn't checked with the rest. Thanks for info

·
Registered
70 Posts
Try Longo, they've been an elite dealership for 7 years I think. They're really friendly and Longo is supposedly is the biggest dealership in the U.S. I just called them and they have two in stock. A yellow and a blue one that can't be test driven, yet.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I think Longo is the largest Toyota dealer (either in sheer size or number of sales, I dunno), but I don't know if that includes the Lexus division. Are they still renovating the Lexus showroom? I'm guessing probably not because it's been at least a year since I went there.

·
Registered
220 Posts
JM Lexus (Margate, Florida) is the World's No. 1 (Largest) Lexus Dealer.

Longo Lexus (El Monte) is California's No. 1 Lexus Dealer and the renovation of their showroom has been completed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
trust me.. longo.. they have 2 is300's in stock now.. but dey sold oiut and 26 on the waiting list for june 23'd when they get the next shipment..

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'm number 35 on Stevens Creek's waiting list. They also have two in stock that can't be test driven right now. Both are fully loaded with the ivory luxury package, so if you want to take a look at how the ivory w/ piping looks in person, head on down. They have a white and a blue.

--k

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks for the info guys! i'm debating whether to just place myself on the waiting right now and possibly avoid that price increase in the fall, or if i should wait for the prices to come down. just depends on what sort of prices i can find i guess. do you think the prices would be cheaper in arizona? i suppose i should direct this question to martin who talked about scottsdale lexus. Argh! the decisions! I want the car now! but really, paying MSRP? bleh. Test drives will have to suffice i suppose :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well, I went to Longo Lexus about 1 1/2 months ago and put my name on the list for mica blue. I was on page 4 about half way day and the other 3 pages were filled up with order at about 30 on each page. Luckily I was only 10 for Mica Blue!! The guy that I ordered from today called me and said that they have a blue and a yellow and more this weekend and he said I could come in and test drive it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hey Timothy Coln

Who is your sales guy at Longo? I have had my deposit in there for about a month and haven't heard anything from my guy. Silver

Joel

·
Registered
59 Posts
our dealership in houston Lexus of Clear Lake
has a very small client base, we are the newest dealer in the nation and we only have about 5 people with deposits inline. please email me [email protected] if i can assist you or just answer questions. my phone number is 2818531467.
thanks dan minner

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just returned from my Lexus dealer in NJ. We completed the transaction for my Spectra Blue which will be arriving tomorrow and I can probably collect it Friday 16 June after prep work is done

Details:
Spectra Blue IS with Ivory interior
Leather Package (LS)
Sunroof (SR)
Limited Slip Diff (LD)
Heated Seats (HH)
'standard' 17" wheels and tyres not AL

MSRP: $34,635
My Cost: $34,135

Leasing figures:
Best residual value came from Lexus Finance with $22,166 after 3 years (64%). Interest is 9% (which seems a bit high).
Lease cost is $547 per month
Initial payment is $1293 (1st month $547, bank fee $450, Motor vehicle $96, Doc(?) $199, Security deposit $0).

So how did I avoid paying MSRP. Listen to my tale of hard-ball negotiating tactics...
Two nights ago I talked on the phone to my sales rep for the first time about price (after being on the waiting list for two months at #3). The conversation goes like this:
ME: So Peter I suppose I will be have to pay MSRP for the IS next week.
PETER: Well, you will get a $500 loyalty bonus (I have RX300) and I will try to reduce the price a little more in consideration for the SC430 you are buying next year.
ME: Wow thats great (giggle).

So today when I see him he looks sad and informs me that there is NO loyalty bonus for the IS
(I already knew that) or ANY discount of any kind. He also mentions that the sales manager told him off quite strongly this morning for offering a discount and sent an e-mail to the whole dealership about this (shows me memo). I look sad and point out I am very poor. He wanders off and comes back from Sales Manager within a minute with the $500 reduction approved.

My financial target was $2000 down and $500 a month, so it's slightly above that but then the car drove better than I expected last weekend so it's well worth it.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Pel, you've pretty much mirrored my entire transaction and I haven't even gotten as far as you. My car is the exact same build and colors as yours.

I'm turning in the ES300 that I'm leasing with full credit of my down payment ($2000) towards the IS300 lease. I expect my payment to be around $500, if it's more, I will certainly be pissed.

How does the Ivory look with the Blue?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
17 Participants
Doug
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing