Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought another car two days ago... A Nissan Xterra. I have NO idea if this SUV is a good idea or not, but my parents 4Runner broke down for the 50th time a week ago...they can't afford to fix it AGAIN,and I wanted to get them something quick, so I didn't do as much research as I wanted to. They have NO IDEA. I'm going to surprise them X-mas Eve. Now I want to keep it for myself though..ha ha. Does anyone have any general personal info on this model? I'd rather check here b4 I have to go searching for a Nissan bulletin board.

-anndi

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
ive heard nothing but good response about this car. nissan's been doing really well with their SUVs

------------------
Solar Yellow/Black IS300

·
Registered
697 Posts
Originally posted by Lexus_IS300:
ive heard nothing but good response about this car. nissan's been doing really well with their SUVs

In fact, it was the SUV of the year 1999 or 2000, forgot which year it was

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great! I hope my parents like it!! So far they STILL have no idea. The year my parents bought their 4Runner was the year they had a recall due to problems with the lifters & spark plugs. Most people I know who have later models (95's to present) love them though.

-a

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think this car is a pretty good looking car and is not expensive. Altough I'm not interest in buying SUV, but I kinda like this SUV. (I have not ride on this SUV before, but I believe it should ride like a truck like his big bro Pathfinder)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have an IS and A 2000 Xterra...that my wife drives.. We have had it for about 18 months and 33K miles without any problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
It's a pretty good SUV, but it looks like it's from the early 90s. The front looks cheap and it rides like a typical truck: rough. It's not exactly cheap, not to mention the fuel economy sucks. For less money you can get a Mazda Tribute V6 with more power and a better ride.
I own a 2000 Supercharged 4Runner Limited, and it's simply the best of the bunch. Your parents' must be an older model...the new ones rule!!

black/ivory
17"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts