Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I've been a long time follower of this forum, but this is my first time posting. I have a black IS that I got back in May. A few weeks ago I got a pretty nice system installed in it. Now, here comes the bad part. Saturday morning I wake up, go outside only to find 3 huge X's scratched into my hood. Now, I definately don't live in a bad neighborhood, so I'm pretty sure it must be someone I pissed off pretty bad. Anyways, the estimate to fix it was close to $1000, but my brother knows the owner of the shop and he's gonna hook us up for cost. He quoted around $200-300. Not bad. Anyways, just wanted to share my BAD news with everyone. Hopefully pretty soon I'll get some mods and have some good news.

P.S. If anyone wants to see pics of my stereo setup, I'll post pics soon enough.

-David

·
Registered
139 Posts
Here is a tip. When you find out who did it, get a quart or 2 of brake fluid... And dump it all over their ride. If you have never seen what brake fluid does to paint, well, it's nasty.

Turnabout is fair play if you ask me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That sucks man. I hate hearing about this stuff, and I have no respect for people who deliberately damage other people's property.

Jealousy, revenge, whatever... there are better ways to deal.

f*ckers

·
13,978 Posts
i've seen this commerical on tv for a product called G27 (i think). but they showed them using that stuff to remove scratches on cars and stuff like that. just wondering if anyone has ever used that stuff? it gets rid of the scratch and everything...but i guess it also depends on how deep the scratch mark is! it's only 19.95 a bottle!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to everyone for the support! To answer oneeyejack, GS27 is pretty much a hoax. It's good to remove scuff marks and little scratches (like the type you only see in the sun), but for real scratches, it's useless. But if you ever need to remove some scuff marks or anything like that, GS27 is great!!!

-David

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Some people... There's gotta be some level deeper than hell for those people when they die!

I didn't get keyed, but my gold Lexus emblem got stolen last week... I feel your pain.

·
Registered
349 Posts
You said it's on the hood, right?

If that happened to me, I would just get a carbon fiber hood! No more paint chips!!!

But mine is GGP, so it’s a different story.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
yea, i was gonna say that too
get the carbon fiber hood
only around 500-600 !!!
much cheaper ( and lighter) than a normal hood
=)
just my opinion

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
i got keyed a while ago on my left side... front to back, 2 nice long lines... anyway i found out later that it was some loser who was so stupid he couldnt get a high school diploma so on the last day of school, he went out on a rampage defacing anything in sight.... and he also slashed my front two tires... im lettin it tho`.... so many losers and haters... comes with the territory of owning a lexus man..... soree to hear about that....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again everyone!!! BTW, good news!! Finally, a new mod, albeit a cosmetic one. I'm painting my calipers red. Bought the kit today. Can't wait!!!! Will post pictures!!

-David

----------

·
Registered
179 Posts
yah their are some jealous bastards out there. some1 keyed my bros 328ci and threw a rock at it.. hes pissed.. I dont wanna take my car to school cuz i know some1 will try to **** wit it. time to get a Viper alarm

·
Registered
263 Posts
F*** my passenger side fender got keyed today. luckily it is not so deep. i guess it is the ppl in my college who owns integras and civics and are really jealous!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Really sucks that these jealous f***s are out there. Sorry to hear about that guys. Thanks to everyone for their support.

As far as my calipers, I'm having second thoughts about red. Anyone have any advice what color? I'm mainly considering black or silver. I've seen pics of silver, they look nice and very clean, but also very plain. I'd love to see pics of black calipers if anyone out there has them. PLEASE POST!!!!

Thanks

-David

-----------

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
man.. sorry to hear that..
my IS also have been in "hit and run" in the parking lot.. someone busted my rear bumper and drove away while i was in Blockbuster for 5 minutes.. and just a week ago this lady backed into my driver side door in the parking lot.. AHHHHH!!! dent is not too bad but it's gonna cost me around 300-400 bones.. or cost HER that much..
red calipers look really nice with black!! habnazir has red calipers on his black IS, you should check out his pictures.. and he has "lexus" and lexus emblem painted on the calipers as well.. looks really neat!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey, i dunno what the hell anyone is talking about when they talk about peicing a car together, but i am willing to learn. SO can someone tell me what calipers are?? Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
a caliper is the part of a brake that you can see threw the rim.. Black01IS300, I am also going to paint my calipers red on a black IS, i think it would look nice

1 - 17 of 17 Posts