Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
Had my 01 IS for for about 2 years and im finally starting a build thread. I figured this would help me keep track of everything I do the car and also see how much money I wasted馃檭. I got my is for 4500$ with 76K miles. Inside was clean. Paint was ok expect for the front which has a lot of rock chips.

First day:

First thing I did was clean the lights and compound/polish.

Next, I got some really cheap wheels. Anything better than the stock wheels. They were called ASA GT5. Got tire and rim for 200$

Next, I kinda retrofitted some led strips into my cluster and center console.

Next, I noticed I had a crack in the exhaust next to the third cat. So I cut out the third cat and muffler and just replaced it with some straight pipe from autozone.
Its deeper and louder than stock and it doesn't drone on the highway so I was happy.

After that, I lowered the car on some yonaka coilovers. Been riding on them for about a year now with no problems. Also got some window visors.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Next, I retrofitted my headlights.

After that, I lost a wheel while driving. I didn't tighten my lugs and it came right off. Rolled down the road and never seen again. Luckily, no one else was on the road and I slowed down before it came off. Drove with the spare for a month till I got new wheels. Now I check my lugs every week.

After wheels, I did my tail lights. Rainbow everything is the goal馃槃

Also got a rear window visor and lip for the trunk.

Next I got a android stereo. Its kinda big but it works really good.

Next, I wrapped the IS. I was tried of the hood looking like a galaxy with all the rock chips as well as some bird etchings all over the car. Overall, the black wasn't looking good. I wanted blue but kinda a dark blue so I don't look like a Subaru wrx with the gold rims. It took a weekend but it came out great. Im happy with it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Also added a front lip

This was thing I did as of today.
Small things I plan on doing are adding more lights: side mirrors,fogs.
Major things will hopefully be manual swap and then turbo.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
looks goof
Thanks

I recently redid my steering wheel with leather from my local fabric store. Took the old leather off, traced it onto the new one and cut it. Then sewed and stitched the new one on. Took 2 tries but its came out ok. The joint on the left isn't the prettiest but it makes for a good grip. The leather cost me about 20$. I had everything else.

Also got a HPS short ram intake for 80$. It was used from amazon but it seem someone just opened it and returned it. Didn't plan on getting an intake but I figured for the price, why not. Makes the exhaust tone a bit deeper. Car feels more responsive especially in the 60-80 range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
3 Participants
Zlothan
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing