Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently having an issue with my 2006 lexus is350 My car will not start ive changed the battery Alternator and had my starter tested . Ive jump started the car and it will start but ounce i turn it off it wont start again if i keep pressing the ignition button the battery will completly die.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As stated above check your connections, that's the first step. Next If you know how to use a multi meter. First check the volts with the car on, anything over 13 is ok just not over 15. If it's under 13 your alternator is not charging the battery. You'll next want to test the volts with the car off, should be closer to 12v. Wait an hour or two test it again it should not have dropped much if it did your battery is bad. The last test is to set the multimeter on your window and try to start the car. You want to watch the meter, see if it goes under 10 when you start, if it does your battery is shot. If you're not comfortable with a multimeter, don't do it. And these are round numbers. But this test can give you an idea of what is going on. The battery should be able to hold close to 12v. The alternator should be pushing out more than 13v. And your cranking volt shouldn't drop less than 10. If your battery and alternator checks out than something is draining your battery. A quick Google search for test car battery with multi meter will help you find videos on how to do this, it's basically the same on any car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I’m new here Just Got An IS 300 01 drove fine then Had too sit in the Drive For days Cause of Rain niw It will not Start . Power is Good The solenoid clicks ( you can hear it loudly) and Some Times it trys to turn bt will not turn over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts