Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving back to Seattle from Vancouver on I-5. At times I was going quite fast (maybe 100-110). The speed limit is 70 for pretty much the whole stretch. However, when you get close to the city, it changes to 60. As I got closer, traffic density increased, and I had no choice but to go 70, except for a few lane changes and overtaking slow cars. So anyways, I see a cop merge into the traffic...And I was in the far left lane, following traffic at 70. I knew he was there. After about 10-15mins of driving behind me, he pulls me over. I was seriously confused. He told me that the speed limit changed to 60 back there and I was going at 70 which was a $70 fine. I was appaled and told him that I was just following traffic. He said it doesnt matter and that it was my resposibility to mantain the speed limit. Anyways, during the whole process, he just happened to touch the interior suede in my car and asked me what it was. I explained to him and he was impressed to say the least. He let me off after that.

But anyways, not an exciting story or anything, but informational nonetheless. If you are getting a ticket, try showing off your car

·
11,061 Posts
Well, you certainly were fortunate to run into a nice WASP (Washington State Patrol). Because he's earning a patrol officer's lousy salary I shouldn't wonder he'd have given you a ticket out of jealosy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah actually I thought of that too. I was thinking maybe he will just give me a ticket because he thinks I am a spoiled reckless brat living off my parents money or something (which I am not of course
and this would teach me a lesson, but I guess he was nice about it.

·
11,061 Posts
I'll remember not to use that excuse if I ever get pulled over. I thought it would have been a reasonable one. I do ensure that there are always one or two going a lot faster than I am. I call them the "bait". It's even better if one of them is weaving like crazy.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Maybe the cop pulled you over to check out your car. Some cops do that. Well, I would want to check out IS if I were a cop... It really stands out from the traffic. Can't wait til I get mine!!!!

------------------
K.P.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Since December has been a BAD ticket month for me and I just avoided one yesterday, I though I'd share.

Well, the first three: 95 on the Turnpike, caught by a Trooper coming the other way, I hate that! 50 in a 35, speed trap (and I was in the truck). and 50 in a 35 - a 35 zone that is a major road, makes no sense... Anyway, those tickets and the two I got prior are my first tickets in years... I guess when it rains it pours.

Anyway, yesterday I'm driving to my friend's office to do a little work. I'm getting on I-75 and I start tag-teaming with a silver Taurus for the "I'm-going-the-fastest-in-the-left-lane" status. We go that way pretty much the whole trip to 826. Just before the big curve, I had broken off to pass some cars on the right and I'm probably doing close to 80 (limit is 70 or 65 don't remember) and I see a red Jeep Grand Cherokee on my left in front. What is that hanging in the front windshield. I slow down and pass him slowly then maintain his speed of about 70, then I look over and I think it's a radar hanging there. Whew. So I stay where I am and LOL here come's Mr. Taurus zooming by in the left lane. And he didn't just coast by either. The Jeep gets behind him and two seconds later, lights are flashing. Woohoo!

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well technically, he never had him on the hook in the first place, unless he clocked him or paced him and since the trooper was in the front, there was no legal was he could have stopped him. Too bad for the taurus.

I hate driving in Redmond. Cops here are all over the place. There is this one road I take back and forth to work everyday with a speed limit of 35, and its really really hard to drive anything less than 50 there because its nice and open
But cops are always there, either in a car, or on a motorbike. Today morning the cop was just standing there with his gun, and he caught 2 people in front of my eyes..He would just jump in the middle of the road and waive them over once he caught them from far. They never knew it was coming.
Sheesh...what a bunch of ticket nazis.

·
11,061 Posts
Actually, I HAVE heard that Redmond, WA is bad. Well, I never go there...so that's good.

·
11,061 Posts
Well, ever since I ratted to the watch officer about a cop that broke a few traffic laws, I've been watching for Federal Way cops...like crazy. Just my luck they'd be looking for revenge...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Speaking of Federal Way cops, today during my lunch break I was sitting at the 320th Hwy 99 intersection minding my business. I start hearing sirens. All of the sudden 2 cops come screaming through the intersection, then 2 more. I take my turn and I see more officers coming. I look to my right and I see an officer with his gun drawn running across the street....10 feet in front of my car! Holy Crap. It looked like someone robbed the AMPM and cops were screaming in from everywhere. Stupid criminals, why would you rob a store 200 feet from a Dunkin Donuts. HA!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts