Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the "ERROR3" problem finally happend to my radio. So, I decided to take it to a dealer near me instead of driving 60 miles each way to the dealer I bought it from. I had to wait a week for the radio to come in.

The day I brought it in everything was cool, so I thought. I asked the service rep. to make sure the car is not washed and only to vacum and wipe the insides of the windows. I get the car back and not only was the interior still dirty, my center console was all scratched up from where they took the radio out. I told the service rep. what happend and he looked at it and said they would take care of it. I was cool with that. Then two days later I called and asked if they can take care of it. They said bring the car in and they'll take care of it. I told him I had to work that night so I needed the car back before 5pm. When I woke up I noticed they did not call yet so I called them. I was told the car was not satisfactory with what he saw (the service rep). He told me keep the loaner till Monday.

I came in Monday morning and was brought out to the car. I noticed the fix was not good. The color of paint was a slightly different tone then the rest of the console, and the nics and scrathes were still visible. I was more pissed to say the least. We had to go compare the color of the console with another 2001 IS. He realized that yes there is a diff. so he told me he'd take care of it. I told him please just replace the console, it's not my fault it got scrathed I wanted the car the way I left it. For them to replace the part they would have to replace the whole dash.

I am skipping details that wouid really drag this story on. The story is actually worse than what I'm describing.

I went in this morning and looked at the car everything looks good but it's not perfect. I was tired of this whole [email protected]#king ordeal I said alright and went home. I still think I should have it replaced, it's only right. I am going to call 1800USALEXUS and see what they say.

I want to yell and scream at these fools but I just wanted my car back. I am still angry.

·
Registered
631 Posts
You have my sympathies. I went through the same thing when the dealership dented my car while doing the 5K maintenance, then proceeded to damage the steering wheel, damage the replacement steering wheel, and finally put on one without damaging it, but did not put it on straight. And this was from the dealership that I bought the car from. Some gratitude.

·
Registered
290 Posts
whats up,

sux to hear about what has happened with your ride...what dealership is it you took yours to? that way i know not to take mine there.

rob

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I had the SAME thing happen to me last week.

the CD player jammed and i took it in for replacement. after i got my car i noticed scratches all over where th radio is and i immediatly told the service rep. he seen it and told me to bring in the following week. They said they could fix it, and i was like fix it, how the hell can that be done, its plastic thats scratched. they have a guy come in evry week for this stuff and i guess he buffed it out and like painted it. the scratches are barely visible but it now looks like the paint he used is duller than the original.

to say the least im still pissed that the damn technician couldnt see that he scratched the hell outta it in the first place. maybe ill just get the whole dash painted anyway to be different!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Call 1800-25lexus and complain the hell out of the dealership that screwed you. Give the rep on the other line the whole story how you expected Lexus services to be better and threaten to not buy another vehicle from them in the future because you are very disappointed. Then if you are still angry, threaten Lexus with going to JD Power and complaining about your experience. Be firm. Lexus is renowned for their services and customer satisfaction, and they are sensitive to customer opinions; so, if you complain, then they'll listen. Lexus is proud of their good rating with JD Power and Associates.

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Geez, at least I'm not alone. I wonder what the hell is going on with these techs.

I called Lexus, they said they are going to contact the dealership, and have it taken care of. The phone rep. told me it's still up to the dealership on how to remedy the problem. I'm thinking to myself WTF! Have I just been dumb enough to beleive in their customer satisfaction. That's the last thing they should have told me. I don't want to hear that, I want to hear "Sir, we here at Lexus will make sure you have everything replaced." I don't feel I'm asking too much, IT"S NOT MY FAULT!

At the very LEAST they could have deatiled the interior. There is still a slight bit of overspray and swirls of paint dust from where they tried to clean up the interior. Give me a break, satisfy me, kiss my a$$. That's all I really want, a perfect replacement, and some a$$ kissing.

I know in a few days I will hear from the dealership and have to go back in there and face the same people again.

I think I did not blow up at them like I should've 'cause I had it in the back of my mind it would have never draged on this long.

Oh yeah there are parts that now feel somewhat rough to the touch. That is not cool.

I told the service rep. I saved for alomst two years to buy this car. I want it perfect!

ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sinister 95: I will send you a private message with that info.

And anyone else who cares to know what dealership.

[ August 22, 2001: Message edited by: jiggafett ]

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I feel your pain... You should call Lexus headquarters and complain that you are not getting the kind of service that Lexus's reputation is based on. Hopefully they can help you out somehow...

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to do everything I can. Sometimes I just can't beleive the kind of luck I have.

Has anyone had a good experience after a problem occured? Like the dealer gave free service, or gift certificates? Just wondering.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Reading from your story and many others about replacing the radio, I've decided that it is not worth the trouble replacing it. The problem happens too seldom and I can corrected right away by flipping between FM and CD function. I could live with that

·
Registered
26 Posts
My driver's side door was making this creaking noise and the pin looked like it was going to come off when I first got the car. I took it in the first time and all they did was took a hammer to it and knocked the pin down. I took it in two more times after that and they finally ordered the new parts for me. I could've hammered the pin myself, but I thought they were going to do something fancy. That seems very sloppy to me.

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it's fair to say Lexus service is not all it's been hyped up to be. With your problems and the lame solutions, I can't understand the difference between Lexus service, and Ford (per say).

Webmaster's brother told me when he bought his Z3 M Coupe, he was overwhelmed with them "kising a$$" and webmaster had a not so good experience at the same dealer I bought my IS at. I beleive they also knew he was the webmaster of is300.net. I did not like the tone of voice I got when I was looking at 3 series a long time ago. First impressions mean alot. So go figure that one out.

I can't wait till that Lexus survey comes in the mail, they are going to just love it

When I left all I got was a handshake and an apology. Not even a concern if I'd ever consider coming back to them for service. I think when they call me, which Lexus said they will, I am going to ask to speak with the General Mgr. I hope that will get some results more to my liking.

To be continued...

·
Registered
342 Posts
J,

I know how you are feeling. When my first IS's engine blew up, the car stayed in the shop for over one month without a cure found. I went through a lot of unnecessary schit with Lexus. The car was eventually replaced, and the replacement was sold with a quickness.

Anyway, the new IS I got as a replacement was given to me along with some goodies to restore my faith in Lexus. They gave me free maintenance for the entire time I owned the car (since they thought I was scared something would happen again), some free detailing offers, and some free Lexus accessories. Point is, be a squeaky wheel; they'll fix you up for your troubles.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by Taino:
Reading from your story and many others about replacing the radio, I've decided that it is not worth the trouble replacing it. The problem happens too seldom and I can corrected right away by flipping between FM and CD function. I could live with that
man, if it doesn't work you have no choice... and fliping back and forth doesn't always work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have to say, overall I'm thrilled with the service I've gotten from lexus. I was just there today (hit a damn crater in the road and bent my rim). The service guy I work with does so much damn ass kissing it makes me a bit uncomfortable. Also, my car is always clean when it comes out, dunno what else to say.

btw, I'm also in south florida.

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by IIIseries:

They gave me free maintenance for the entire time I owned the car (since they thought I was scared something would happen again), some free detailing offers, and some free Lexus accessories.
That's the kind of a$$ kissing I'm talking about!

Originally posted by s0yb0mb:
man, if it doesn't work you have no choice... and fliping back and forth doesn't always work.
I agree, since I knew it would happen eventually I took my time when pressing the buttons, but you can't prevent the inevitable.

Originally posted by MobilePope:
[QB]I have to say, overall I'm thrilled with the service I've gotten from lexus. I was just there today (hit a damn crater in the road and bent my rim). The service guy I work with does so much damn ass kissing it makes me a bit uncomfortable. Also, my car is always clean when it comes out, dunno what else to say.

QB]
I'd love to know what dealership you go to.

I am going to send you a "private message" check the "my profile" for it.

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Zor Prime:
I am supposed to go in next week to replace the radio. Now I am scared. How long does it ususally take?

To replace the radio it only takes about an hour no more than two.

Good Luck, and tell them to be careful, to avoid my situation.

·
Registered
132 Posts
jigga:

Believe me, there is a huge difference in the way Lexus treats you and Ford treats you. I had two Fords from '94 through '00, each with more than it's share of problems, and Ford treated me worse than dogs#@t. Consider your A/C compressor going out at 36,020 miles, 20 miles after your 3-36 runs out, and the dealer that you've been going to for 3 years saying "Hey, 20 miles is 20 miles."

Not that this makes your situation any better, but things could be worse (hey, you could be paying for that loaner).

Knowing where you're at, I have a pretty good idea what dealership you're talking about. I haven't heard too many good things about them. I take my IS to the dealership in South Broward (about 20 miles from you) and they've treated me fairly. The one in North Broward does a huge volume of business and I would think you might get lost in the shuffle up there.

The other thing to consider is that South Florida and Southern California are probably the hottest markets for cars. Having a Lexus here is not like having a Lexus in, say, Mobile, Alabama. Sad to say that if we were to get fed up with our dealer and move on, there would be 2 or 3 guys to take our place when we left. The drive to keep a customer happy isn't the same as it is elsewhere, IMO.

Good luck with your car. Let us know what happens.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts