Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know there are MANY threads on this already, but i just wanted to share my experience so far and maybe get some insights from everyone. of course, did my searches and read plenty of threads on this. i emailed o2simulator.com about my problem so the following should explain everything:

"hi i bought a universal o2 sim (dual output) from you guys maybe a month
ago. it is for a 2003 lexus IS300. i installed it about 2-3 weeks ago and
i still get a check engine light + trac off after i reset the ECU. i
followed this install diagram (for '02 and up models)
http://my.is/forums/f67/is300-o2-simulators-dummies-342694/

after the second time the check engine light came on, i borrowed a scanner
and got the code P0420. i just want to confirm that i wired the o2 sim
correctly or if the simulator is defective."

Reply:
"Installation for 2003 is different.
Please check www.my.is or MVP Motorsports .
We can only support o2simulator hook up to secondary o2sensors.
Thank you."

so i've double checked my wiring with the above install guide (double checking several times haha) and everything seems to be right according to the guide. so is the 2003 models wiring any different from the 02+ diagram? yes the green light is flashing on the 02 sim by the way.

i currently have the stock y-pipe in so im going to check for any leaks and re-check, once again, my wiring. hopefully it's just something dumb that i've over-looked. we'll see what happens and i'll update on my progress.

·
Registered
649 Posts
i just installed an o2 sim from them about an hour ago. I started it up and still have the CEL and flashing trac on too. The light is flashing green and everything seems fine since i went according to the diagrams. W/e help you get i'll need just the same, lol.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you reset the ECU? i figured i'd ask since anybody who replies will probably say the same. my engine light didn't come on until after driving it around for a bit. did yours come up right after the install?

by the way, while checking for exhaust leaks last night, it turned into re-installing my megan y-pipe instead haha. it was a pain to get the o-ring gaskets to stay in place to merge it with the megan header. love the sound but it smells like im dumping raw fuel out my pipes haha.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
its gotta be the wiring... you gotta double, if not triple check it. i wired it wrong and still got the light to blink.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i've checked my wiring once again. sorry it took me a while to reply but i've been busy. anyways i took some pictures to show you guys how i've wired it up as per install guide in the link (first post). sorry about the big pictures but you can see more details better this way. let me know if you guys find anything wrong. thanks.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
ok i've checked my wiring once again. sorry it took me a while to reply but i've been busy. anyways i took some pictures to show you guys how i've wired it up as per install guide in the link (first post). sorry about the big pictures but you can see more details better this way. let me know if you guys find anything wrong. thanks.

Everything looks correct assuming those are the 2 correct secondary O2s. What I'd do is this, get the code read. If you're triggering only 1 cat inefficency DTC find out which bank it's happening on. In the case of the P0420, it's bank 1 so plug an OBD2 scanner in and see if there's any voltage reading for B1S2. If there's no reading then it's the wiring for that 1 wire.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i actually just plugged in the code reader i borrowed from a friend and P0420 & P0430 popped up. P0430 im assuming because i put in the megan y-pipe in (had the stock y with the headers before). so i can't do anything at the moment considering the scanner just reads/clears the codes, and my multi-meter i won't get back until monday...in other words im SOL for now. i'll see what i can do...wonder when i can actually fix this, it's getting annoying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Im from lexus club. Over there they doesnt have the ecu diagram for my 2002 lexus gs300. Im just wondering if your ecu is the same as mine? Please reply ASAP.

THanks

·
Super Moderator
9,814 Posts
Problems and wires like that is why they make plug and play.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts