Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Twisties Addict
12,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could someone explain what all the different coats are and the benifits.....?

mainly becausei just recieved mine and they are non-coated....like you can still see all the burn marks from the welding and shit. It almost looks like it was used or something....is this the ceramic coat? I guess it really doesnt matter...but i was expecting the stainless steel header like on the pic from .net! :(

It would be helpful to everyone if somebody listed all the coats and benifits for all of us retards to know!

·
Twisties Addict
12,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and ceramic......stuff like that.....im not sure of all of them!

but i just noticed something else....it a look at the pic of the header on .net store...and the welds around the pipe close to the block go all the way around each pipe.........mine DONT....they go about half way then stop....what the hell is going on....should i send these back or were your guys like this too?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Theres either Polish Headers or Ceramic Headers....No peformance different...Only difference Ceramic usualy look like crap and polish are nice and polished....People for shows usualy get get the polish and polish is more money around 50-100 more usualy

·
Registered
79 Posts
WhiteLex said:
Theres either Polish Headers or Ceramic Headers....No peformance different...Only difference Ceramic usualy look like crap and polish are nice and polished....People for shows usualy get get the polish and polish is more money around 50-100 more usualy
Ceramic keeps the heat inside the exhaust thus keeping the velocity higher and keeping the exhaust gas from becoming dense, less dense exhuast gas and you have less backpressure. Ceramic does have performance benefits, but then it's only for thoes who are serious about getting everything done right.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Conrad_Turbo said:
WhiteLex said:
Ceramic keeps the heat inside the exhaust thus keeping the velocity higher and keeping the exhaust gas from becoming dense, less dense exhuast gas and you have less backpressure. Ceramic does have performance benefits, but then it's only for thoes who are serious about getting everything done right.
Yep your right...about the heat thing.. that the Ceramic causes less Back pressure

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
it is fine as long as the seals (where the port openings are) are actually welded solidly.

what kind of header did you get? xerd?

·
Twisties Addict
12,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i got xerd.....but the weld doesnt go all the way around!

but who knows there could be a leak...

so is mine ceramic?

and shouldnt mine have been cheaper if they werent like the ones on .net?

i paid $428 for mine shipped!

is ceramic usually dirty? like you can rub parts of it and black shit is left on your finger.....i justw ant all the xerd guys in here and tell me whether or not theirs was like this!

·
Registered
742 Posts
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
yeah i got xerd.....but the weld doesnt go all the way around!

but who knows there could be a leak...

so is mine ceramic?

and shouldnt mine have been cheaper if they werent like the ones on .net?

i paid $428 for mine shipped!

is ceramic usually dirty? like you can rub parts of it and black sh*t is left on your finger.....i justw ant all the xerd guys in here and tell me whether or not theirs was like this!
not sure about if the price of your should be different...but yes it sounds like u got the Ceramic Version of it...Not sure if it should be as dirty and u seem to make it though

·
Registered
742 Posts
But it def. doesn't seem too look like these from what your describing...These are the ones from the .net store and they are the Stainless Steel ones..but u seems like u got the ceramic ones

·
Twisties Addict
12,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah and see how the welds go completely around the pipe.......yeah mine dont....they go like half way! :pissed:

screw it im sending these back and getting toyomoto

anyone know if the toyomoto header fits the xerd race pipe!

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
The old Xerds were welded look and not coated, the new ones coming in are very very nice lookin like the pic.

As for the weld, it doesn't need to go all around, as the new ones are, but the older version may not. I will ask Xerd to post on this.

thanks
David

·
Registered
96 Posts
All of our headers are stainless steel and do not come ceramic coated.

As for the welding.. ours 2nd gen headers dont have the welds all around, they are not needed, you will not have a leak and have nothing to worry about they are all made this way. If you look inside the runners you will see that there is no way they can leak.

The header in the picture is our newest and latest version which wont be released until Jan 1st 2004.

All of our new products including the racepipe will come polished and have our logo on it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanx, Eyal

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
hope that helps

David

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
well no cuz im still not happy with this!

i was under the impression that i was getting what was in the picture!
I think .net posted that picture too soon, as we wont be posting that picture until these come into stock JAN 01 04

David

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.