Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up ready to have a great Thanksgiving, only to get a call that my grandmother passed away one hour before I was supposed to go visit her. She practiaclly raised me till I was 10...

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
that freaking sucks ass. Well . . . good luck with everything

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I feel for you

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks, y'all... she died of old age... according to her papers, she was 89, but in reality she was at least 95; they just made up a birthday when she came to America, so yeah she lived a very long and good life. She died of old age, she just simply stopped breathing.

In the last 3 weeks, she was having trouble recognizing everyone, even my mother. But she never mistook me for someone else, she always recognized me, even when she mistook everyone else around. Two days ago, I went to see her and all she did was grab my arm and keep telling me she loves me, it was a pretty touching time. I cried then more than I cried after she passed...

But honestly, I could not have though of a better way to go. No regrets at all on my side, I've just got a distraught family and I gotta be ther for them, you know?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Although its sad to lose a loved one, its also a time to celebrate the long memories you had with her. Like you said, she lived a long, good life...celebrate that, and what she did for you growing up.

Take care.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear that man. My grandmother is almost gone, and I was afraid that she was going to die yesterday as well. She's 83 and she has pneumonia, so it's not looking too good right now.

:cry:

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Sorry about your loss Zak. My grandmother past away when I was very young so I never got to spend much time with her. At least you have fond memories to hold on to. My heart goes our to you and your family.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
sorry to hear that man

my grandmother passed this past summer and my family still dealing with the loss.....all i can say is be patient and you'll get through it all......dealing with loss just takes time.....my condolences go to you and your family

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
25 Participants
visage IS
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing