Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,050 Posts
nice, clean drop. Stock shocks? I recommend you get some Tokico illumina's or Koni Yellows right away...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice, clean drop. Stock shocks? I recommend you get some Tokico illumina's or Koni Yellows right away...
i was planning on it. are the stock shocks that bad though that they need to be replaced so soon, i only have 40kmiles i thought they should last for a while even with the drop

·
Premium Member
16,050 Posts
actually, i road on my stock shocks with eibach prokits before my current setup for 60k miles and no problems.

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
I've had the DF210 and they are great springs although a bit soft to preserve the ride comfort. You will be okay with your stock shocks but not for long. Like kayotik mentioned mate it with an aftermarket shocks. I highly recommend the Tokico 5 way adjustables (Illuminas).

I am currently running the NF210 because the DF210 were too low for my taste.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got the df from a guy on here but i was thinking about the gf
i just got a better deal from here so i got the df's
but i plan to full coilovers i just wont be able to afford them for a while so these will do unill then

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
If you are going with coilovers sometime in the near future, then dont buy struts. If not then go grab some tockicos or Konis.

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
^^^ very comparable to stock ride. Don't expect improvements in cornering though. The DF210 are meant for that dropped look without sacrificing ride comfort. Perfect for daily driving and not for the tracks (same goes to the NF210).

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
would you do me a favor and measure your drop for me from the ground to the top of the fender center of the wheel on all fours. i wanna see the differance.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my car isnt park level right now but the front is about 63 cm or 24.8 in
and the rear is 62cm or 24.4 in
and from the side skirt(stock) right behind the from wheel is 15cm or 5.9 in and the rear right infornt of the back wheel is 16cm or 6.2 in

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
hhmmm.... the DF drops it to about 2" and the NF is 1.4~1.5"

bluealteza: are you running an aftermarket shocks? (lower prech settings?)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Hey tigger, would you happen to know how these ride compared to H&Rs?

I want to bascially be 2inches lower all around and be the closest to stock in terms of comfort. Either ones will be paired with illuminas

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
^^^ Funny you ask because I've actually been in an IS running H&Rs w/ Tokico blues. H&R tend to be a bit stiffer compared to the DF210. Then again H&R are more sportier so if your after close to stock in terms of comfort, go with the DF or NF 210.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm running billstein shocks. I don't know whether they have lower perches or not, cause I just installed it the way it came from tire rack.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts