Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here in NY at the restaurant 4 Seasons

there was a party for all the lexus esecutives and my friend is the doorman and valet parker

1 of the guys pulled up in a supposedly what could be the future IS 430 however i guess it was still bein tested on

he told my friend be very careful because this car was custom built for him and he is testing it and it hasnt been released....my friend took a look at the back and it was the back of an is300 with a is 430 emblem!!!!!

he took it real quick for a spin around the block and said it was very very quick.....said it was basically same as is300 just very more luxorious....had dual exhausts and he stated it was just a very beautiful ride......the color he said was a silver almost greyish....i asked if it was GGP like my fathers GS but he said not that color and it wasnt a silver

also whoever the guy was who drove the car in was some big honcho

he tipped my friend very well

well thought id let ya people know....peace

hes hopin the guy comes back for another lexus party and if they do hes bringing a camera in advance when he finds out

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I aint calling your friend a lier. But I just dont see it happening. I wished lexus would release this biotch or just tell us it aint coming out. Goddamn, I am sick of hearing about :pissed:

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dont know what to tell ya man

i didnt believe him at 1st but this kid is a real good friend of mine and he dont bull$hit....very serious kid who loves his job and is very dedicated

Four Seasons is also one of the fanciest top restaurants in NYC where all the celebrities and top executives go....so i wouldnt be surprised in knwoing top lexus executives were havin a party there.......definitely believe the kid and he did tell me if they have another party he will know in advance and bring a camera......doubt it'll be anytime soon but ya never know

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Not trying to shed doubt on your story clearlexus - I suspect that your friend had a seat in some custom ride...

Any concept testing for lexus happens in Torrance, CA. The lexus eastern area execs typically don't get sh1t until a vehicle has just about hit showroom floors.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey, I usually don't respond to bull$hit but you friend is not a telling the truth. I have worked in the Automotive Industry as an engineer for 12 years and one of the things manufactures do not do is drive to restaurants in prototype vehicles let alone executives. Secondly, manufactures would not let a valet persons park prototype vehicles. So when it comes to your friend's story - he is B$ you because it did not happen. Also if I were some Top Exec - I would be driving the Twin Turbo 800hp LS430 (If that existed :eek: )

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
Thats what I was thinking...Plus..don't all the Lexus fleets come in from the West Coast?
East coast dealerships do receive shipments via east coast ports (i.e. Port Elizabeth, NJ). But, the lexus district offices and execs on the east coast focus on dealership/distribution/services, etc and not concept testing...

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
CenCal IS300 said:
Hey, I usually don't respond to bull$hit but you friend is not a telling the truth. I have worked in the Automotive Industry as an engineer for 12 years and one of the things manufactures do not do is drive to restaurants in prototype vehicles let alone executives. Secondly, manufactures would not let a valet persons park prototype vehicles. So when it comes to your friend's story - he is B$ you because it did not happen. Also if I were some Top Exec - I would be driving the Twin Turbo 800hp LS430 (If that existed :eek: )
this newb actually knows shit unlike others... :D

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i really have no way to prove it......but i mean what was this kid looking at then at a party for lexus executives???????

its just this kid isnt 1 to bull$hit.......have known him for quite awhile

who knows though i didnt see it

maybe he didnt drive it,maybe he did,maybe he saw it,maybe he didnt,maybe it was a custom ride like some1 stated earlier but then again maybe it wasnt

dont know what to say

·
Registered
397 Posts
CenCal IS300 said:
This is true. When test driving, you dont valet park the sh*t. Your friend may be telling the truth, but that would mean he is dumb. so he is lying or he is dumb.

·
8,107 Posts
And one time, at band camp . . . .
Oh come on, I'm sure right after a Boeing exec pulled up in a Stealth Fighter and said "hey not a scratch, ok kid?"
The exec probably just put a badge on the car for kicks.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Like the other guys said, any prototype car being tested would never be taken to a restaurant, and would NEVER EVER be valet parked. That is possibly one of the most ridiculous stories I have ever heard.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
Thats what I was thinking...Plus..don't all the Lexus fleets come in from the West Coast?
Nope.. they dont come in from Ca... They actaully come in from Port Newark NJ... all east coast cars. Also theres no way they gonna let em drive a proto type everywhere they go. No matter how big of a honcho he is if it aint on the showroom floor its not bbeing driven. I dont think the is430 they claim is comin out.. if it does its all TTE.... Maybe it was Graphite Grey IS300... with IS430 Badges... u dont say ???? Just doing it to make himself look like he actaully has one. Just my 2 cents..

Carry on...

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
cant tell you if your friend is lying or not. But like one stated earlier, it woul dhave to have been done here in Torrance California, and it has to go through AAA first to be allowed as a model to be produced here and that whole deal. My dad works at AAA corporate, and he notifies me of any IS300 testing going on.

But i or anyone else here for that matter cant say if your friend is lying or not. Just wait for the truth i guess.

·
8,107 Posts
Autoweek, Road and Track, Car and Driver, Autocar, and who knows how many other car 'experts' would disagree with you. Face the facts guys, your IS will shortly be 2nd fiddle. :)

Aubie83 said:
I still dont think this f*cking car is coming :-?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
About this Discussion
51 Replies
33 Participants
CRB
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing