Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
They look awesome!
Can't wait to do it on my car

i am a bit scared to do it but im still looking for a used pair of headlights to try them on.

does the auto-leveling feature still work?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yeah well if it works, it works! I tried SO MANY cans of "black" before finding that one, the perfect light black color.

My LS430s completely replaced the reflector bowls lol
Oh, that's right! You had some REAL custom work done to that. Hopefully one day, I will get there....BTW, did I see some video of yours under goldcorolla-something with some whacky flashers? Couldnt find a post about it... what are they?! OH! and the mirrors, too! do tell.....

What shrouds are those?
These are the Iris shrouds. They're the simplest and cleanest one I could find.

·
Mr. Roo
9,230 Posts
It's definitely recommended to have a spare set of head lights. Even if it's a crappy pair, you can put them on the car temporarily and retrofit the good head lights. But as he stated, it only took 10 hours total, so easily done in a weekend. The aiming is tedious, but take your time and do it right. And as long as you follow the tips for opening the head lights with the oven, it's impossible to screw that up.

does the auto-leveling feature still work?
Yes it does!

·
Registered
728 Posts
LS430's will definitely make it hard to keep the autolevelling feature... mine is gone, but I really don't mind at all.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I kept it on mine lol, not sure how to do it WITHOUT the autoleveling....
Well yah you have to keep that little actuator arm connected still, just that my actuator is not plugged in. I meant more for spacing inside the enclosure for the autolevelling to move and do its thing its tight.

·
Registered
728 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
You got those head lights for $75?? Wow what a steal, this has to be a record for lowest $$$ retrofit lol.

Interesting to see how low the projectors sit in the reflectors. Looks good overall!

You should raise the driver's side cutoff to match the other side (if you want)

Definitely put the lights on a metal baking sheet or something. And the lights come apart at 230 no problem, I tend to leave mine in for a long time at lower temperatures just to prevent any kind of damage. Higher heat and faster heatup/cool down times will ruin the chrome inside and ruin the lens eventually.

Thanks for the shoutout! Though you really didn't do anything like me except for the black primer + chrome rings lol
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tobias!

Need your help bud: I want to make my DRL's purple on my aftermarket lamps (H1 bulb) - will I need to retrofit the entire Ballast with a new HID kit?

Is there a way to get the low beam DRL purple? If anyone would know its got to be you!!

·
Mr. Roo
9,230 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tobias!

Need your help bud: I want to make my DRL's purple on my aftermarket lamps (H1 bulb) - will I need to retrofit the entire Ballast with a new HID kit?

Is there a way to get the low beam DRL purple? If anyone would know its got to be you!!
interesting place to ask an interesting question.

I might be confused. Typically, the DRL is on the high beam, not the low beam. The high beam is normally halogen. You somehow have the DRL on the low beam HID? Or what? I assume you don't want to have purple headlights on the road at night :lol: But if you mean to change the color of the HID, you can do that just by swapping the bulb, as long as it still connects to the ballast the same way. Ballast just powers the bulb, the bulb determines color.

·
Registered
309 Posts
interesting place to ask an interesting question.

I might be confused. Typically, the DRL is on the high beam, not the low beam. The high beam is normally halogen. You somehow have the DRL on the low beam HID? Or what? I assume you don't want to have purple headlights on the road at night :lol: But if you mean to change the color of the HID, you can do that just by swapping the bulb, as long as it still connects to the ballast the same way. Ballast just powers the bulb, the bulb determines color.
FAKC Sorry - I asked it wrong. Brain working Fingers not keeping up..

I just ordered the DRL (High beam) bulb and am going to see if this works. What do you think?
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NQ9YTLD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

If it sucks, I am only out 10$

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
14 Participants
TobiasSing
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing