Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this car, so fast and reliable, but eats GAS like crazy lmao. And i got the black color, no burn paint, but is horrible color, some advice for save a little gas or bettern milleage?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Welcome!

it’s not a terribly great car for mileage, unfortunately. New spark plugs, coils, and wires along with a fresh air filter and a MAF cleaning is where I’d start.

Well, I’d actually start by checking the mpg. About 18 city and 23 highway is “normal”. Yeah, it’s kind of a pig.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome!

it’s not a terribly great car for mileage, unfortunately. New spark plugs, coils, and wires along with a fresh air filter and a MAF cleaning is where I’d start.

Well, I’d actually start by checking the mpg. About 18 city and 23 highway is “normal”. Yeah, it’s kind of a pig.
Thank you bro, and yea I'll get sparks and everything , the first issue i have with this car, low beam driver side doesn't work, and right fog light doesn't work too, and check light came this morning due low pressure catalytic converter😓

·
Registered
507 Posts
Jeez. I get about 16-19 combined. Depends on how often I hit boost (answer: every time I drive it).

but yeah, pull the OBD codes, and replace the bulb or ballast or both for that low beam. The problems you’re reporting are pretty normal for the car and it’s age.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sure they gave it a 2jzge! They didnt bother to offer us the 2jzgte!!!! Notice all the slush box transmissions. Notice the loss of LSDs on manuals in 2003. A rarely know thing, 6-speeds in Japan. How about a AWD Sportcross (Gita). Look at TRD support - no supercharger(I did see a prototype once.

I got off track. Consider that Landcruisers often had a Chevy swapped in, cause its straight six got such bad gas mileage. Seriously, our cars lack so much power, so where does the gas go?

·
Registered
223 Posts
So my 2003 B01B has NO lsd?
How to tell if my IS300 has LSD?
Look at the sticker on your driver door sill/jamb, look for the area that reads "A/TM"
You'll see numbers such as B02A, B02B, B02C
A=no LSD
B,C = LSD

was a mid-year thing. I had an auto 3.93 LSD put in my 05.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Would it be possible to just take internals from Auto LSD from 01' and swap them into mine.
Possible to another auto.
If the swap is for a manual, I dont think it will work. At this point I would save some money and weld it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts