Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 251 Posts

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
i'm beyond excited to see this defi gauge cluster in action. plus the rest of the car. this is awesome :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
i'm beyond excited to see this defi gauge cluster in action. plus the rest of the car. this is awesome :)
Thanks! Hopefully in 2 month?? hopefully...

I knew it. Every time I see that green RX-7 at IFO it still amazes me. I also still believe that you got robbed that one year with your Cosmo in the car show.
I try to change the look for the green RX-7 every year.. but after this build, I'm hoping to track the green rx-7 more. Yeah, the IFO thing was kind of BS... But what do you expect from people who does it just for money :) They said Cosmo can not be consider JDM class because it was a 'Real' JDM.. That just made me laugh... idiots!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Here is something new for the 20B that I'm debuting..

ITs the new Xcessive Engineering lower intake manifold for the 20B. This is made for those interested in doing 3 rotor swap on RX7s, by lowering the height of the manifold and also each runner has an individual injector port. By using this, I'll be running 6x ID2000s on this manifold and 3x ID1000s on primaries on the irons. This much fuel, I'll be good for E85, 1000+WHP.... but shooting for 700-800 ish WHP.

I also studded the LIM and cut various FD hardwares to get this studded look with chrome hardwares. Also, better view of the LIM with UIM.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
My off time past week, I was fabricating a blank cluster surround so I can retro fit my Defi cluster.

about 50% done and going to make a mold once its smoothed out, primered, painted, and then make it in CF.

Also, AC panel

and shifter panel

Lot of sanding fiberglass but hopefully all will be worth it at the end..

·
Registered
833 Posts
Bondo is your friend with all that fiberglass if you end up with any craters or holes. I hate sanding that stuff. Makes you super itchy.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Sept 13th, 2012

I finally took some time to work on the rear diffs of the FD RX-7s.

Here are some pics of the diffs.

Stock vs Kaaz

After cleaning the case, sanding it down, and re painting it with epoxy paint,.. I put the new covers on.

Stock vs. Greddy higher fluid capacity cover.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Sept 19th, 2012 Updates from past 3 days..

I had the rotor hats made for the Disc Brakes Australia rotors and got them refinished in similar black.

Cleaned up and repainted the RZ calipers.

I also replaced the diff bushings with Powerflex bushings.

61 - 80 of 251 Posts