Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 251 Posts

·
Technical Poseur
23,313 Posts
I realize youve been on the site for 8 years. In that time you made 2 posts. Now suddenly a non-IS build thread. Its very cool and all but STOP with the constant links and mentioning of "sponsors" We get it, the shops name is in the photo. We assume (and know) companies like Exedy make great parts.

Its getting borderline spammy in here. Like to the point that you completely forgot about this Forum other than one post to ask about IS-Fs then came in here to dump a spam post on us to try and drum up business for your "sponsors"

That aside, great car. I love FDs. 3 rotors are super cool projects!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
bushings and arms look great!
Thank you!

I realize youve been on the site for 8 years. In that time you made 2 posts. Now suddenly a non-IS build thread. Its very cool and all but STOP with the constant links and mentioning of "sponsors" We get it, the shops name is in the photo. We assume (and know) companies like Exedy make great parts.

Its getting borderline spammy in here. Like to the point that you completely forgot about this Forum other than one post to ask about IS-Fs then came in here to dump a spam post on us to try and drum up business for your "sponsors"

That aside, great car. I love FDs. 3 rotors are super cool projects!
Tom, As a forum owner myself, I understand what you might be thinking.. But also consider that in those 8 years, I've 'lurked' and read things on this forum. I considered purchasing an IS multiple times. Just because I've posted 2 questions recently because I was seriously considering a car and posting this particular thread doesn't mean its spam. Also, I was just giving credit to those who helped out with my project. I'm also trying to answer any questions that was made on this thread. I personally don't think what I'm doing to be spam nor so called trolling. I'm still posting informations and I am not breaking any rules.

I also question what your real purpose of posting what you post except to maybe stir up some emotion out of me. As someone who's been building cars and on here actually answering any questions asked, and you as a mod doesn't feel I'm not welcome here, then I'll be happy to leave.
By the way, This is the ONLY forum so far a mod that thinks its 'spammy'.

I hope I have explained myself why I am giving credit to those who help/sponsored this project and also I am not going to take credit on the work that I did NOT perform. Giving credit to those who deserve, I don't consider wrong but a right thing to do.

I always love Rotary engine, such a great piece of engineering.

I will follow this tread
I agree, but rotary engines do have its faults. Mainly emission issues.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Here is something rare for the car..

Defi Super Sport Cluster.. very few in usa and I should be one of the first to put this in an FD here in USA.

I been wanting to get this for about 8 yeears and Defi never sold this here and never sold this off the shelf in Japan. It was specific Dealer only unit in Japan where it had to be installed in a car by the authorized installer in Japan. All the ones that are here in USA were used units and this is a brand new unit.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
dayummm that Defi cluster is badass.
Thanks! Not something people see often :)

nice upgrades. what paint did you use for the calipers? it looks really good.
I used high temp paint made by duplicolor. Couple of other people I knew used it and I thought I give it a shot. I also used high temp clear on top.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Wheels and tires that are going on this car..

WORK CR Ultimate, 18x9.5 front and 18x10.5 rear.

TOYO R888 tires, 255/30 front and 295/30 rear

Mounted and load balanced. I already test fit this set up and tested for speed on my other RX7.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
41 - 60 of 251 Posts