Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a manual is300, when I got the car I wanted to leave the exhaust last for my upgrades. After I put on my injen intake, hks cams I put on a cat back Greddy exhaust with OBX headers and a Y pipe that Can be found at this site below.
http://www.carsontuned.com/photos/1556/0.dat?1129206614

I put it on about a month and a half ago and it doesn't sound like I thought it would. I was looking for a deeper tone sound but it sounds like a loud rice rocket when it gets to 3000 rpms but after it goes above that it sounds great. Would anyone know what I would need to do to make it sound deeper toned rather than TOO loud?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually have... I may have to change my y pipe to a different one because I think the greddy cat back is bigger in diamater. So I may try an and sell it or trade it. Were you able to open the link and look at the y pipe

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
post the pics on here...

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Get Apexi WS2 exhaust. Problem solved. I have this exhaust and its not loud at all with full headers, y-pipe..etc. Sounds deep and not raspy. Also, you can try getting a high flow cat welded on the y-pipe. Can reduce noise some and smell.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well yeah it does sound loud and raspy I mean I would change exhaust but I really like my greddy one. Well the y pipe I have is from ltuned I don't know if you guys have seen it on th link I posted. Do y'all think if I get the megan y pipe it would make it have a deeper tone? I really want to get rid of this y pipe. It may be high on price but I don't like it. So my best option is to put on a bigger resonator?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
it sounds really good and clean, I like the set you have for your car exhaust that's what I was going to get but last minute I changed my mind. Alright well performance wise, which exhaust would you think is better the greddy evo or the apexi ws2?
the power difference will be negligible, but your mind will think the louder one is faster.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
get a magnaflow ;)
even at redline it has a deep tone

·
Super Moderator
7,863 Posts
the power difference will be negligible, but your mind will think the louder one is faster.
:approve: really unless you go 3in they will all be very close to the same ..some may sound faster ....They best thing where youll feel the most diffrence is when you add more parts onto the car in one sitting ..like for example your stock or close to it...and one day to intake new intake ,headers , y-pipe and y back ....car will feel like its got alot more power then if you do one part at a time.....

·
Super Moderator
7,863 Posts
yeah I see what you mean... You think changing the y pipe, like to a Megan one will allow my exhaust to flow throught better? Because I think the Megan one is bigger in diameter than the Ltuned one I have
Only way to find out is to try....both free shipping or buy used

JVT Racing SS Downpipe Exhaust Lexus IS300 01-04 03 02 : eBay Motors (item 150420169036 end time Apr-02-10 19:34:02 PDT)

01-04 LEXUS IS300 MEGAN RACING DOWNPIPE 01 02 03 04 : eBay Motors (item 110421523241 end time Apr-02-10 13:49:32 PDT)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.