Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, just got pulled over about 2 hours ago by a unmarked detective car. I was suprised since I didnt see no lights or no license plates resembeling a law enforcement officer.
It went like this, this unmarked car was in the right lane at the light and I was a car behind the first car at the light in the left hand lane. Anyways this car in front of me was going slow and he was like at least 10mph ahead of me so I got on the gas to pass this car and def let enough room for me to pass him and the other car. All of a sudden he flashes his light and I am thinking where in the hell did he come from. Well he was the unmarked Taurus I just passed. Anyways he comes to my window and says "this is the most stupidest driving I have seen today" and he was like "u passed me in a standstill" and I am thinking dude I probably went 5mph over the speed limit if that cause he was going at least 10mph faster then I was and I have an aftermarket exhaust. So we was like why did u go that fast?? I was like I didnt even go over the speed limit.
So, he was like well u just got urself a ticket for lying to me and blah blah blah. So I am like shit what can I do to get out of this. He comes back 10 min later and I was like "U know officer ur right it was the dumbest mistake I made and I totally deserve this ticket." He was like well u can go to traffic school and then asked me when my last ticket was. So I said about 3 years ago and I just kept feeding his ego about how wrong I was and right he is. Anyways another unmarked dectective car comes along and he goes back to talk to him and comes back and was like "ok this is a warning, but if I catch u doing this again ur in hotwater," but he said I was doing 60 in a 45 in which if I did get the ticket I would of def contested it.
He also apoligized to me for being pissy at first but he felt like I lied to him in which he said he almost hit a car trying to catch me. :roll: But yeah I guess if ur honest with them they cut u break SOMETIMES!!!! Just wanted to let u guys know. I was suprised he didnt get me for the no front license plate or 5% tint in the front. Thank God!!

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I can't believe you're just now figuring out that if you're friendly and admit responsibility for your actions a cop might cut you some slack.

Even if he doesn't at least you can have the satisfaction that you handled yourself like a man and not some sniveling little child.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ruiner said:
I can't believe you're just now figuring out that if you're friendly and admit responsibility for your actions a cop might cut you some slack.

Even if he doesn't at least you can have the satisfaction that you handled yourself like a man and not some sniveling little child.
yeah, well his story was fabricated and I was just stating the truth that I didnt believe I went over the speed limit. The reason why I said I was wrong was to feed his ego. Usually they dont let u off. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
712 Posts
JoSchmo_IS300 said:
hey guys, just got pulled over about 2 hours ago by a unmarked detective car. I was suprised since I didnt see no lights or no license plates resembeling a law enforcement officer.
Hey u sure it was a cop??? I have never heard of ANYONE getting pulled over from a Taurus. If it were me.... I would just keep driving @ 30mph like OJ and hope to make the 6 O'clock news.

After really getting pulled over, I'd wave to the camera and please IGNORANCE :lol:

·
Registered
712 Posts
I think every state and county is different. Most goverment cars have an "x" in the center of the license plate in Michigan. I have seen some exceptions though... just be careful and stay away from those Taurus's :lol:

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I don't think you can get ticketed by an unmarked police car (at least in Cali). I think he had a bad day at work and was taking it out on you.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Unmarked Taurus

That's dope that ya didn't get the ticket, I haven't been as fortunate in my situations with the cops. But fighting the tickets in the courtroom has sure as hell paid off in the long run.

Anyway, they have those unmarked Taurus cop cars in Minnesota, and damn are they hard to spot. :eek: One of them was right behind my car at the wash one time and it was a really dark blue kinda like my SBM, and all the lights and everything were EXTREMELY well hidden. He made a comment about my car when it was coming out of the dryer about how he liked the dark blue color, and I was like yeah, it's kinda like your..........cop car???? Uhhhhh, I gotta go now, peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dutch Hater!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UCLA-IS300 said:
I don't think you can get ticketed by an unmarked police car (at least in Cali). I think he had a bad day at work and was taking it out on you.
well it was def a unmarked police car, but I am pretty sure it was a detective's car or so. When I was next to him and looked over he was like an average JOE SCHMO driving to his destination. He had one red light and it was up by his mirror and thats it. When he called 2 Sheriff Officers I knew he wasnt just some random dude.
Anyways he made me signed the ticket and then went back to talk to these 2 officers and came back and said he would let me off. I dont know what was said but I was like ok officer it wont happen again. He did ask if I was drinking at 4 o clock in the afternoon :roll: and what my dad does for a living and if it was my car. BTW I am 21 so I said it was my dad's and my last ticket was like 3 years ago and it was on a highway going 10 miles over the speed limit. Maybe that was one of the factors for letting me off.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
lilbbyboi said:
i thought all the law enforcement/government vehicles had to have marked license plates with that E?
That's correct, at least in CA. The "E" stands for exempt because they do not need a registration sticker on it.

·
Registered
847 Posts
UCLA-IS300 said:
who told you that???

·
Registered
847 Posts
JDM_SXE-10 said:
lilbbyboi said:
i thought all the law enforcement/government vehicles had to have marked license plates with that E?
That's correct, at least in CA. The "E" stands for exempt because they do not need a registration sticker on it.
unless the car is unmarked...hence the term "unmarked"

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
no unmarked cop cars in NY are allowed to pull you over :) . Ever since some psychos pretending to be cops pulled people over and killed them...

·
11,061 Posts
Up here if the cop has a ticket book, he can cite you...and they ALL have one. Even the Metro Transit cops can ticket you if they feel like it.
I remember sitting on the bus one day when some guy did something stupid right in front of a Metro cop. The bus driver started chuckling and said "he doesnt' realize that the Metro cop is a real cop".
Sure enough...that guy was HAD.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts