Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a few pictures this weekend of my exhaust cutout. All the work woas done by SRT. However, I was lucky enough to have been there to "supervise" the creation, routing and cutout placement. The placement had to be as close to the manifold as possible. However, it had to go after the cat (so I will pass my annual safety inspection). The piping is 3" from cat to the 1st stock resinator. The Y pipe came with the cutout. I wanted to make sure the wiring was upwind of the outlet to keep the exhaust heat away from it while moving. After a few minutes of head scratching, we agreed the below setup would work best.

I have the L-Tuned exhaust and it is very quiet. Once I open the cutout, the car saounds loud as hell. Oh...and very mean!

Here is a pic of the open/close button. It is the red one. Please excuse the mess...I just stuck it there as a temp spot. When I get around to it, I will be using the e-shift button on my steering wheel to control it. Yes, I already bought the auto steering wheel to use.

Reactions: m3thod

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
How well does it seal up when it's closed? I remember the origional one was just a flap but wasn't air tight so it had the typical hole in the exhaust sound. I've always wanted to do something like this. Thanks for the info and pics. +rep

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
m3thod said:
How well does it seal up when it's closed? I remember the origional one was just a flap but wasn't air tight so it had the typical hole in the exhaust sound. I've always wanted to do something like this. Thanks for the info and pics. +rep
If I open it while it's hot and then close it while hot, it leaks a small bit. If I let it cool and "bump" the close button once, it will seal all the way. So far, I have not had any issues with it sealing.

Now that I realize the gain in HP while open, I have used it several times on the street. Noise or not, folks better get the fuk outa my way when they hear me comming :)

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Awesome man congrats. I will be doin something similar as well...

I like how the racelogic control unit gives you simple ways to set what you need..

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
sweet bro

a friend of mine has one on his g35 sedan & he Raves about it ....

good work!!

keep us posted o nteh long term durability & sealing performance...

ALso how much more power do you think you get from this...?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts