Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
DSM = built in Norml Il DSM plant and has DSM badge / engine sticker. Anything above 1995 does not.

The DSM plant was no longer as of July 1 1995
eh. that may be true. but DSM was a collaboration between chrysler and mitsu...

Initially Diamond-Star Motors was a 50-50 joint venture between Chrysler and Mitsubishi. However, in 1991 the Japanese company purchased its partner's equity stake, and thereafter the manufacture of Chrysler vehicles was on a contractual basis. Chrysler sold its equity stake to Mitsubishi in 1993, and Diamond-Star Motors was renamed to Mitsubishi Motors Manufacturing America (MMMA) on July 1, 1995.[3] Despite the departure, the two companies have maintained various co-operative manufacturing agreements since.

Currently the plant produces vehicles using the American-developed Mitsubishi PS platform, including the current Endeavor, Galant and Eclipse, and exports to 26 countries worldwide. Approximately 1,900 people work in the highly mechanized plant, alongside approximately 1,000 robots. Expansion in 2003 means that it now occupies 2,400,000 sq ft (220,000 m2).[9]
[edit] Production

Initially, three models were produced at this facility. The Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser and Eagle Talon were smaller 2+2 sports cars on a new co-designed platform. Models subsequently produced during the next decade included the Mitsubishi Mirage/Eagle Summit, the Mitsubishi Galant, the Dodge Avenger/Chrysler Sebring, and the Dodge Stratus/Chrysler Cirrus.[8]

hence, as the 2g was built as a partnership.... it is still a dsm.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Interesting color for an evo, would have never thought it would look good on one, but it does. Nice looking evo man!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I really dont think that color suits the IS well but it looks great on your evo. What a ballsy choice but clearly worth it for a very nice and unique looking evo

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
loving the color.

agree with the comments on the wheels being a bit too "euro", but whatever you like. loving the deleted bookshelf on the trunk (one thing I've never liked about STI's or evo's)

·
Registered
904 Posts
Evo looks good man. I drive Evo 9 myself.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts