Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I went to a track day this week, first time ever in my car. I can say, it was great fun, First session was raining, so I slid off a few times, which explains the dirt. I didn’t want to go all out and buy Semi Slicks for my first time, so I threw on some S15 rims on the back, and stock IS200 wheels (Sprayed black). The tyres were CRAP, 205/55/16, meaning no traction, and some understeer, but I still posted better times then the skyline and S15 my friends own, who had semis and experience! On the way home, drama struck! All the wheel nuts fell off one wheel, because of one that was threaded :( I had to get a tow home, which was 2 hours away. Anyways, enjoy the pics!

Started off looking like this, on the way there

At the track, ready to jump on the wet track.

On the wet track

No traction!

Is that Dillans Porsche from 90210 behind me??

Engine bay shot (Still needs cleaning)

Still a bit too much body roll, I had it on the softest settings for more grip

Came off onto the mud, with Window open! LOL was cobered in mud.

Drama begins!

·
Registered
522 Posts
cool pics KOFFEE. The IS a great handling car and a definite sleeper. sorry about the sheared lugs. did you torque it to spec?

·
Registered
130 Posts
nice pics!!

Sorry to hear about your lug nuts, hopefully your car wasnt damaged. The same thing almost happened to me last time. Was driving back from the track and noticed a weird vibration from one of the wheels. Pulled over and found 2 lug nuts missing and one just barely hanging there. Was lucky there was traffic on the way home so I wasn't driving fast and had the chance to notice something was wrong.

A friend of mine wasn't as lucky though:

His rear wheel flew off when he was on the track. He swears he torqued them to spec, so I guess they just came loose because of the abuse. Now I always try to re-torque them before each session just to be safe. :p

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
WOW WTH your studs broke off or sumthing?!?!

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
sweet pics! props on beating the other cars for it being your first time out there!

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
nice pics.

how did you do?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys, im changing the studs on Sat, and ordering some slotted discs at the same time hehe.

Hirun, I did real well for my first go, lapping a second quicker than most cars out there, som running semi's and all!

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
Looks like you had a blast!!!!

Too bad about the lug nuts....sorry to hear about it. Weird how the stud broke off, almost like it overheated.

I like the pic where you have the tail hanging out...so much fun to do.

How did the car behave, neutral, understeer, oversteer?

+rep

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys! Ive got the bug now, and will be out again soon ahah.

The car was great, considering the crap tyres. I noticed, no heeling and toeing, would result in compression lock, and in the wet, Id automatically spin! In the dry, I rekon I loose half a second. So heel n toe, now I see t he advantages, and its much easier to do than on the street. Here is some more pics for the heck of it (bored at work hehe)

in this pic, ive come in too fast, its the hardest part of the track, basically turn one after the straight, so about 200km later hehe.

This Koala and its cub (?) was in a tree, while waiting for the tow truck.

friends R33 Skyline

I think there is too much body roll still, looking at this pic. I didnt have it on hard settings (EDFC/Flex) due to traction issues.

Hunting down a friends Silvia S15, I ended up passing him hehe (he was on Semi slicks too!)

Enjoy!

·
Registered
120 Posts
flyfl1pguy99 said:
Nice. I wonder if we have a track like that here in cali. . .
Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, Fontana are all within 100 miles of you
dude.

·
Registered
62 Posts
nice pics,
what camera did you use, excelent quality on the motion shots..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great pics...

I had my lugs come loss on me before also,
But I happen to notice it before any thing happened.

Good thing you did also,
(Because the car would of been damaged if the wheel came off)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts