Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of my biggest complaints of the IS300 is the lack of ambient interior lighting. I park cars for a living and have pretty much driven everything out there and I valet at night and ive noticed that more and more newer cars have better ambient lighting than ever... I noticed most cars have a lil led light on the maplights shinning down on the shifter making for a very upscale look... I know thay Audi Mercedes bmw have been doing it for a while and the new is has one too I wish the first gen had one so I had a custom led mounted and pointed down between the shifter and the cup holders whis is very helpfull now a dim but clear light is shinning down i can see whats there at night... after that I came up with an idea too put an led light underneeth the radio giving it a more upscale look along with lights under the dash.. its real simple just order a snake led from auto illumination wire from cig lighter light (which u dont need anyways) wire it in then drill a small hole into the removable plastic peice with trac button mount and light should come on with interior lights... Ive never seen anybody do it before.. was just wondering what u guys think... its alot easier than the overhea light.. mine are led super white like the new is with blue back lighting... just thought I would suggest it..

·
Registered
192 Posts
under glows are making a comeback baby!!!!\

i like what you did with the cluster and center staack, not a fan of the factory red
looks good!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm not so sure about the extra lighting... if I read it correctly it only comes on with the regular interior light which is decent... but the change from orange to blue is definitely something I'm interested in. There is probably a DIY on this so now I'm going to check that out!

·
Registered
74 Posts
OoOo I know a guy that does this to Scions, but it would look so much better than to have the standard orange color. I could do yellow to match the car :D How hard was it to do the speedometer lights, and the HVAC?

·
Registered
57 Posts
really interesting!
how do you do it to the speedo? I seriously want to so that to mine

·
Registered
807 Posts
The inconsistent spotting of the cluster is not attractive, which is why I stick with the Amber for my own car. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... if you like it......aight then.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
i always loved the orange. i dont get why people want to change it. from what i can tell it looks like nice work. at least you changed all the lights to match. ive seen some that are half orange and half blue.

i do have to agree on the bad pics. can you tell me what what this is? and can you post a better pic of the light by the map light

1 - 20 of 23 Posts