Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY GUYS,THESE ARE SOME PICS FROM MY CAR I'D LIKE TO SHARE WITH EVERY ONE,ANY QUESTION CAN ASK ME ABOUT IT. http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/kenstarwind/lst?.dir=/MY+IS+300&.view=t

------------------------------------------
ALTEZZA GRILL
DUEL MUFFLER
10 PCS BODY KIT
H&R SPACER
CARBON FIBER SPOILER
AUTO METER A/F RATIO & OIL PRESS GAUGE
SRT INTAKE
CUSTOM CARBET
CUSTOM SILVER TRIM
TRD 5 WAY SHOCK
EIBACH SPRING
RED CAILPER
RIM PAINTED WHITE
CUSTOM STEREO IN PROCESS
ALTEZZA ENBLAM

·
Registered
40 Posts
hey waz up?!
i guess u and i are one of the guys staying up at this time huh?
nice ride man.
what kit is it? how much?
where did u get the dual mufflers done? what exhasts and how much? i guess u have a custom rear bumper too huh? let's have the details bro!
and is that clear front side markers i see? where and how much did it cost u?
details, details, com on!

P.S. - y didn't u get black interior (like i did)? don't tell me u wanted headed seats

·
Registered
204 Posts
That could be the worst wing i have ever seen on an IS, and the back of your car says "Lexus Altezza" heh.
On the bright side, the dual exhaust looks very very nice!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Diggin the body kit, bro

Where'd ya get it and how much???
Could have left the 747 wing at the store tho
But it looks tite

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Poor IS, poor IS.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
to each his own. if you like your car that way, i think u should leave it that way. w ho cares what others say. look at CWest's Altezza, it has almost the same wing..and you guys were diggin it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
you have the right to do whatever you want

but...i have an opinion.

that looks like horse****. you ruined the car. do you think you are taking off with that wing? grrrrr.......ill stop before i go crazy

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I think it's a nice looking car. The body kit isn't too radical.

The dual exhaust is a bit much though.

Definitely too much wing. You know that wing actually creates the necessary down force only at really high speeds. Otherwise, it's just dead weight on the car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
to every body:I don't likt the wing too!!!I mean the height,right now i looking for some one can make custom alum. braket to make the wing lower.I will post when's done

by the way,the wing only weight 5 lbs. because it's full carbon fiber

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FOR THE DUEL MUFFLER,THERE'S A PLASTIC PIECE UNDER THE LEFT SIDE OF THE REAR BUMBER,JUST TAKE OUT AND THERE'S A SPACE FOR IT. BUT THE REAR RAINFORCEMENT WILL BLOCK MUFFLER,THAT'S WHY MY MUFFLER CAN'T NOT STICK OUT MUCH.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
i like the car! like the wings, like the dual muff's

BUT, there is no way in hell im going to ride that "crap"(as u called it) to the streets...
it looks kinda(or too) ricy...
personally, i'd like to have it as a picture/poster or a car in a showroom

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
great, you got dual exhaust, but why doesn't it match up with your bumper??? It looks stupid like that; a lot like this civic hack-job that some bodyshop is doing in my town.

·
Registered
482 Posts
If you like it then that's cool.

I personally think the car looks like ****e. Gay spoiler, cheesy body kit (seems too snapped on) and I think the dash kit you have going there looks like junk over the original black dash. Looks like something an 8 year old would do.

And what is up with the Altezza badging? It isn't an Altezza. Looks super cheesy

I can only hope I never see an IS (or any Lexus for that mater) that looks like around here. I don't want to be embarrassed by brand association

[ May 14, 2001: Message edited by: Rob L ]

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I like what you've done with the original Lexus wheels. Very creative.

Yes the Kit look a bit snap on, but everyone has different tastes. If this car makes you happy and proud, then it's a nice car, no matter what ppl say.
Personally I like the DTM wings. But Im not brave enough to add it onto my car. My IS200 is not as fast as ur IS300 so no point in putting the wing on for me (DTM wing conveys image of fast). The trend in Japan for most Altezzas are DTM wing, so what u r doing is not wrong.

As for the ALtezza badge.. who cares? We are all driving a TOYOTA a TOYOTA, Lexus is only a brand name .. we are all driving highly priced TOYOTAS!!!!!!!! So debadge all the Lexus emblem and replace em with Toyota and ALtezza, it'll just look at home.

just my 0.2

[ May 14, 2001: Message edited by: TRD328 ]

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
TRD328

Where is a web site for AVS rims???

1 - 20 of 28 Posts