Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, need advise and thoughts

I have an 02 5speed with 30,000 miles. I recently noticed after driving 3 other 5speed IS's that my clutch pedal is messed up. The other IS drivers agree. The pedal when u push it in starts out easy the becomes very stiff on the way down starting half way. Yet, the clutch plate its self is not slipping and has no problem what so ever. My clutch pedal also seems to engage into gear at the very top of the pedal (the end when u release) unlike the other three IS's. Now, i know that it can change by the way u drive but this is way off the norm. So i took it in to Lexus and had them check it out. It came back fine, clutch its self is fine, there was enough fluid in everything, and was very clean. I told them to hop in another 5 speed to compare it to but there didnt have any in stock. I took it to a lexus toyota private owned place and the guy thinks it might be a dirty bearing or a bad slave cylinder but wasnt sure. So my question is, has anyone else experienced this or know what could be wrong

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
could be that the clutchs vary from car to car...cuz i just had my clutch replaced, and my new clutch feels very different from my old clutch...release point is very different, and stiffness is very different.
but it could also be cuz your clutch is messed up and u need a new one...stock clutch sux...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WiLz said:
could be that the clutchs vary from car to car...cuz i just had my clutch replaced, and my new clutch feels very different from my old clutch...release point is very different, and stiffness is very different.
but it could also be cuz your clutch is messed up and u need a new one...stock clutch sux...
did u even read my post?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Studlyy796 said:
WiLz said:
did u even read my post?
yes i did...thats y i said it could be cuz the clutches vary from car to car and that is why yours feels different...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.