Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from lunch driving in Hackensack (yuk)while leaving garden state plaza I see a silver celica GT waiting at a light. The lane goes from 2 to 1 in 1500 feet so I thought nothing of it until this 30 something in the silver GT started rocking back and forth and revving. I look over it's this italian looking guy who is giving me the "you better not think of getting in front of me look". Naturally I assume racing mode and when the light turns green we go nose to nose till 40 and then I start pulling hard on him. I take the lane by 11/2 car lengths (just mashed the gas) and the guy is on my ass cursing me out LOL. Next light he decides to make the left hand turn lane a strait lane and he comes up next to me and rolls the window down. I expected curses and threats instead he says "OK what's the secret?" I told him "nothing man, bone stock" he says "Bull****" and goes to spit on my car but gets more on his passenger door. He revvs up and launches at the light, I just let him go. Man, do you IS300 guys get this? I wanted to go beat his ass soo badly but since I work with attorneys I know better.

·
Registered
258 Posts
that's some low class bast**d you raced... good job on beating that TRD super-charged/turbo/nos#%$$^$%^ celica wanna-be though...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do the 01 GT's have anyways? He pulled hard till the mid - early 40's and then I started distancing but DAMN for a second there I thought he had me.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I take offense to that Accord Coupe remark
...anyway CL Type-S people are just mad when they realize their car sucks...don't let him get to you.

------------------
98 Accord EX V6 coupe
AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph
2001 Lexus IS300 (Solar Yellow)
Coming soon: 12 second timeslips with the IS (my new all out drag car!)

·
Registered
226 Posts
You sure it was a GT? Maybe it was a GT-S? A GT has a n/a 1.8L VVTi 16 valve 4cyl with 140hp (125lb-ft.). The GT-S has a n/a 1.8L VVTLi 16 valve 4cyl with 180hp (130lb-ft.) You have a CL-s rite? If you have the DVD nav, did anyone ever figure out how or if a NTSC signal can be seen on the screen? (ie DVD movie)

Originally posted by comptechcls:
What do the 01 GT's have anyways? He pulled hard till the mid - early 40's and then I started distancing but DAMN for a second there I thought he had me.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

[This message has been edited by comptechcls (edited November 28, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by comptechcls (edited November 28, 2000).]

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey DJ that had to be a GTS man. I just spoke to a guy in my office that raced one and he said a GT would never put up that much of a fight. Come to think of it I think it was a GTS. Funny enough the prick who spit at me works next door according to people here. Since this is my last day on this project I am tempted to go leave a luggi on his window.............. hmmm, temptation........

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Hey DJ that had to be a GTS man. I just spoke to a guy in my office that raced one and he said a GT would never put up that much of a fight. Come to think of it I think it was a GTS. Funny enough the prick who spit at me works next door according to people here. Since this is my last day on this project I am tempted to go leave a luggi on his window.............. hmmm, temptation........
Hmmm, never knew how to spell "luggi." Are you sure that's not a type of pasta? I've got a cold right now, could probably bring up a lung for you to heave at that ape

·
Registered
226 Posts
That's what I thought. A GT wouldn't have performed like that unless you had your e-brake on by accident. Anyways, him spitting at your car is just plain wrong. But 2 wrongs don't make a right, so just go flip up his wipers or something. Or confront him, make him spit on you and then beat him down... hehe (kidding)

·
15,322 Posts
sit at his car wait for him to come out, say, ey jackass, remember me? why don't you try pulling that ***** sh|t again and we'll see what happens. 30 something and all he could muster up was celica? little prick sounds like one of the biatch managers at ventura toyota.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.