Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from lunch driving in Hackensack (yuk)while leaving garden state plaza I see a silver celica GT waiting at a light. The lane goes from 2 to 1 in 1500 feet so I thought nothing of it until this 30 something in the silver GT started rocking back and forth and revving. I look over it's this italian looking guy who is giving me the "you better not think of getting in front of me look". Naturally I assume racing mode and when the light turns green we go nose to nose till 40 and then I start pulling hard on him. I take the lane by 11/2 car lengths (just mashed the gas) and the guy is on my ass cursing me out LOL. Next light he decides to make the left hand turn lane a strait lane and he comes up next to me and rolls the window down. I expected curses and threats instead he says "OK what's the secret?" I told him "nothing man, bone stock" he says "Bull****" and goes to spit on my car but gets more on his passenger door. He revvs up and launches at the light, I just let him go. Man, do you IS300 guys get this? I wanted to go beat his ass soo badly but since I work with attorneys I know better.

·
Registered
258 Posts
that's some low class bast**d you raced... good job on beating that TRD super-charged/turbo/nos#%$$^$%^ celica wanna-be though...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do the 01 GT's have anyways? He pulled hard till the mid - early 40's and then I started distancing but DAMN for a second there I thought he had me.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I take offense to that Accord Coupe remark
...anyway CL Type-S people are just mad when they realize their car sucks...don't let him get to you.

------------------
98 Accord EX V6 coupe
AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph
2001 Lexus IS300 (Solar Yellow)
Coming soon: 12 second timeslips with the IS (my new all out drag car!)

·
Registered
226 Posts
You sure it was a GT? Maybe it was a GT-S? A GT has a n/a 1.8L VVTi 16 valve 4cyl with 140hp (125lb-ft.). The GT-S has a n/a 1.8L VVTLi 16 valve 4cyl with 180hp (130lb-ft.) You have a CL-s rite? If you have the DVD nav, did anyone ever figure out how or if a NTSC signal can be seen on the screen? (ie DVD movie)

Originally posted by comptechcls:
What do the 01 GT's have anyways? He pulled hard till the mid - early 40's and then I started distancing but DAMN for a second there I thought he had me.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

[This message has been edited by comptechcls (edited November 28, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by comptechcls (edited November 28, 2000).]

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey DJ that had to be a GTS man. I just spoke to a guy in my office that raced one and he said a GT would never put up that much of a fight. Come to think of it I think it was a GTS. Funny enough the prick who spit at me works next door according to people here. Since this is my last day on this project I am tempted to go leave a luggi on his window.............. hmmm, temptation........

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Hey DJ that had to be a GTS man. I just spoke to a guy in my office that raced one and he said a GT would never put up that much of a fight. Come to think of it I think it was a GTS. Funny enough the prick who spit at me works next door according to people here. Since this is my last day on this project I am tempted to go leave a luggi on his window.............. hmmm, temptation........
Hmmm, never knew how to spell "luggi." Are you sure that's not a type of pasta? I've got a cold right now, could probably bring up a lung for you to heave at that ape

·
Registered
226 Posts
That's what I thought. A GT wouldn't have performed like that unless you had your e-brake on by accident. Anyways, him spitting at your car is just plain wrong. But 2 wrongs don't make a right, so just go flip up his wipers or something. Or confront him, make him spit on you and then beat him down... hehe (kidding)

·
15,322 Posts
sit at his car wait for him to come out, say, ey jackass, remember me? why don't you try pulling that ***** sh|t again and we'll see what happens. 30 something and all he could muster up was celica? little prick sounds like one of the biatch managers at ventura toyota.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
15 Replies
10 Participants
EricK
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing