Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
eveytime when i hit my car fast or high rpm's after taht it smells like eggs , i dotn know why do you guys know if yall can help me post reply.. thanks man

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
did you just come from the grocery store?

if not, do you have an aftermarket header?

LEXTACY_2K2 said:
eveytime when i hit my car fast or high rpm's after taht it smells like eggs , i dotn know why do you guys know if yall can help me post reply.. thanks man

·
Registered
362 Posts
Mine did that once after i hit it hard in this field next to my place. but i has not done it since. wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Once I hit my woman real hard in the backseat. There was the smell of latex and woman juice in there for a good week or so.

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
If you have all your cats still, then it is the gas you put in the car, i have noticed this gas a lot at Exxon/Shell a lot more then any where else and it is just poor gas. --try Chevron have only got that smell once from Chevron a long time ago...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
damn i dont know why its doing that i put in mobile gass and stuff, umm what if i do have a bad cat wat does it mean or wat should i do thanks guy

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
its not "wat" you should do, but what you should do

i can't see how you could have a bad catalytic, especially on a 2002, especially if you don't have a check engine light. if you don't have a CEL, its fine

-gte

LEXTACY_2K2 said:
damn i dont know why its doing that i put in mobile gass and stuff, umm what if i do have a bad cat wat does it mean or wat should i do thanks guy

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
1) do you have a header?

2) do you have any mods that are causing you to run rich?

3) is your car VERY new? did you break it in properly? are you driving it VERY hard?

It IS something you did, guaranteed...

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
Rice Hata said:
Rotten egg smell generally will mean you have a bad cat...dunno if that's the case with you though!
what if the guy has no cats??? or dogs for that matter???

·
2,073 Posts
HyperMKIV said:
Rice Hata said:
Rotten egg smell generally will mean you have a bad cat...dunno if that's the case with you though!
what if the guy has no cats??? or dogs for that matter???
I'd guess that a neighbor’s cat crawled into the engine bay' died and is festering away! :crazy:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
LEXTACY_2K2 said:
It happens to me also............. :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: it really pisses me off, hopefully itz only becoz the car is new, my car is a 2002 and done 8700 miles..is that new? But i dont think is a major corcern in terms of the engine problem..........

·
Registered
899 Posts
Maybe you have gas! :eek: Every morning I have that same smell in my sheets! :eek: Gotta admit... I kinda like that smell :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
you clambaker you

lexowner said:
Maybe you have gas! :eek: Every morning I have that same smell in my sheets! :eek: Gotta admit... I kinda like that smell :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
About this Discussion
47 Replies
36 Participants
lextasy23
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing