Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I guess first off I should introduce myself. My name is Missy, im from Jacksonville FL and I just bought an IS300 last night!! I've wanted one for about a year now, and my dad finally came through! Im so incredibly excited, although i wont get to drive it home until next week. It wont be at his dealership till tonight, but i cannot wait to see it! Its pearl white, on aftermarket 18s(which is scary i hope they arent toooo taky, prob will replace them anyways) Im sooooo excited!! Cant wait to get started on performance.......anyways just wanted to introduce myself and i look forward to chating with you guys!!!
oh and any ideas on what i should do first feel free to pipe in! i appreciate all the ideas i can get......

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
welcome to dot net :) my advice would be to learn how the car handles and performs. Its like a getting to know each other relationship phase, learn the limits of the car and adapt your driving style to its characteristics and go from there. If you feel you need more power, there is IHE. If you need more handling, there are a ton of suspension upgrades. Taste the food before you add any more salt and pepper , that's my .02. Happy moddin'

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the welcomes i appreciate it!

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
welcome and congrats on the purchase.

You might want to go introduce yourself in the "south" forum, which is where all the FL regulars hang out. Add yourself to the member list there...

the FL bunch is pretty active when it comes to meets and the likes... I'm sure you will meet them at some point, and they can give you better insight on what you could do with your car.

In the mean time, post some pics , of both your car , and yourself in it!

And enjoy the ride! its always fun getting into this car, and I almost always find myself turning around to look at it when I park it. :)

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Welcome and congrats I m located in Miami , Fl and there is a IS300 next month in Orlando on the 5th of Nov. Keep u posted on this event n if u need rims I have the hookup.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Welcome aboard, enjoy surfing the site and have fun with your new toy. :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
welcome, just keep it clean and don't get caught up in the fast & furious tacky upgrades and you'll be fine...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree, I didnt buy a ricer for a reason!! haha, all my money will go under the hood, of course besides a system, wheels, and dropping it. I believe its already tinted out, but like i said, I gotta see what Im working with first!

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
like was said before, enojy the car and learn how it drives and handles first...if you're serious about the work under the hood, then I would suggest save your money on the NA mods and just get boosted!!! It's a greeat feeling haha. Anyway good luck with the car, I am in Boca Raton, and you should definitely come out to the meet in orlando, it's going to be huge!

·
Banned
101 Posts
Congratulations! Welcome to .NET!

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Nice! Welcome aboard. What year is it? Mileage? Automatic? Stick? Lets get some details if you know them.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of it when you pick her up.... oh by the way, you are more than welcome to post pics of you posing w/ the car... that'd be a nice way to show us how you're getting along w/ the car :)

Good luck. I'm sure you'll love it. The Pearl White is sooooo nice but you have to keep it clean!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
From what I know its an 01' with 37k mi, automatic, pearl white with black leather/suede interior, aftermarket 18's and im not to sure about the tint. I know i love the white! and no worries my car is ALWAYS clean, haha! i cant wait to get pics, and i will make sure i am in some of them ;) My dumbass forgot to bring my digital camera to wk, and of course im going straight to the dealership when i get off, but Ill make another stop by there later tonight and post some pics by tomorrow at the latest, and thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
ummmm....isnt it a ricer already, I mean it is a Jap car, so it is a ricer already, not trying to hate, just making an observation

1 - 20 of 26 Posts